gm171 kk

Question

• Answers 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Looking forward to this one arriving. Some quick questions, has the brass been soldered or glued as to my (poor) eyesight the body does not appear to be flat. On the axel boxes some have a triangle and others a circle. I realise the picture shows a test model and things are still at a development stage but I would like this one to be so right.

Wow! Excellent work, Des! =D

Will the bogies be available separately?

Glad y'all like it. As it's a test etch, I've learnt a lot building it that will be put into the production version. N'uff said.

Yes, the Y23's will be available as a seperate purchase (wheels, castings, etched bogie frame).

Edited by Weshty

Des I can imagine how much work has gone into these wagons. I have measured and photographed prototypes from top to bottom. They are a complex mix of angle and box steel. The under frames are a story in themselves. You have brought a lot of quality products to us over the last few years and these wagons could be the most important yet. I will support this latest venture as I will need fleet loads of these wagons. Off hand there are 5 different loads that I have them earmarked for, for my own geographical timeline.

You have done so much for this hobby Des and thank you for continuing to build the SSM catalogue and releasing such great models.

Rich,

I'm blushin Richie, too kind!

They were a fair challenge to design. I wanted to capture their skeletal "emptiness" and iron angle build, and yet make it simple to construct.

In essence, it is a top, foldable spine and ends...with detailing (angle iron cross braces, buffer back ends, handwheels and brake mechanism). Nothing more.

Excellent work Des.

Those container flats are a must have for my layout. What looks like a lightweight skeletel frame turns out to be incredibly strong by the look of it. The Amonia wagons will be a cracking good model too. And those Y25 Bogies + frames could be a great addition to my rake of faux Tara wagons. Well done Des and hats off to ya... Cant wait to see them all completed :-bd

Tom