gm171 kk

Question

• Answers 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Des, I may have what your looking for its an rectangle with triangles on the top and bottom, the "rectangle" has writing on it but its heavily weathered. I don t have access to a scanner but I can give you a loan of the photo if thats anygood.

Much appreciated lads. Good to know what it's for, and inverting the image is a new trick in the box for me.

I'm really looking forward to the flats Des. Is there any way you would consider producing brass beer cages like the MIR ones?

And maybe the beer barrels as well?

Will the 42' need any weight attached as some of the 3d ones on sale at the moment cant go round any type of curve without having a shiethaemorrhage?

Weshty, will you be doing 47' flats aswell as most liners at present use the 47' flat instead of the 42' flat. In fact, I think there are no 42' flats used on liners anymore, but could be wrong on that.

Good call Noel,

Please can you do the 47' Weshty?

There is some 42ft still around but not on the liners, rail train, beet bogies and special ones for bogie transport.

The 42ft flat is a good call though, other than the three above and the liner 42ft. The fertiliser could easily be built from weshtys 42ft chassis.

Can t wait for the Ammonias:tumbsup:

Edited by Riversuir226

And maybe the beer barrels as well?

Will the 42' need any weight attached as some of the 3d ones on sale at the moment cant go round any type of curve without having a shiethaemorrhage?

Ah Dave, as the old radio ad used to go "you're a dab hand with the oul' repartee".

Multi beer barrel packs being considered.

Weight for 42' footers, several options in the head at the moment....

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the Ammonia and 42' bogie flat test etch is currently with the etchers.

I should have samples back in the next fortnight.

These will then be built to enable the prototype to checked for accuracy and make the necessary adjustments, and enable detailed instructions to be written.

Regards

Weshty.

p.s. Two other items are also well in the pipeline and should follow in the next month! More anon.

Very exciting times Des. The container flats are really a must for any layout as they were pretty much all over the network. The Ammonias and Barrier wagons are also very iconic. I remember spending a few hours in Bray watching Ammonia trains being hauled by 201's and some bagged cement trains for Wexford, and 071 hauled MK11's for Rosslare.

Actually if you look at what is available now with Eoins Darts, MM locos and coaches, your own forthcoming wagons and other delights, D&M bagged cement wagons, Bray would make a nice layout.

I think you should consider the timber flats Des, could you imagine how amazing they would look. They could be your Sgt Pepper's or Dark side of the moon.

Rich,

Ha ha rich, well remembered! I got him back and fed him a taco chip one night, he hopped off the wall that night, darse burnt off 'im!

Weshty is on fire lately, i've had sight of how the barrier wagon etch is put together, quite remarkable stuff - gimme plastic or card any day. Looking forward to seeing the test etch Des!

*Rich - Dark Side trumps Sgt Pepper any day... :D

Edited by Glenderg

Ha ha rich, well remembered! I got him back and fed him a taco chip one night, he hopped off the wall that night, darse burnt off 'im!

Weshty is on fire lately, i've had sight of how the barrier wagon etch is put together, quite remarkable stuff - gimme plastic or card any day. Looking forward to seeing the test etch Des!

*Rich - Dark Side trumps Sgt Pepper any day... :D

Good enough for him Richie. Dark Side is a timeless piece, a classic case of don't wish for something too hard or it might come true. Wish You Were Here, that infamous incident in Montreal on the Animals tour, and especially The Wall proved that.

Rich,

Thanks lads, it's a great relief to have hit this milestone with the bulk of design and implementation completed. At this stage only the the Whitemetal detail needs to be finalised.

As usual these projects take a lot more than you think to come to fruition and there's been a lot of late nights over the last two months.

Fortunately, it's given me the chance to finish off several other pet projects and all will be revealed over the next few weeks. :)

Oh and for my penny's worth, "Wish you were here" knocks DSOTM into a tin hat. Especially when approaching Skellig Micheal on Des Lavelle's boat with Parts 1-4 thundering through your ears on a walkman in 11984. Jaysusssss.......

Edited by Weshty