Anthony's Workbench

Rate this topic

Flying Scotsman 4472

Guest hidden-agenda

Lovely work mate you got the roof mounted air-con unit dead on and the bus turned out first class .

• 1 month later...

I recently got this Vitrains Class 47 in Westcoast Railways livery. I sort of have a wee soft spot for the Westcoast as it gives me the excuse to run some steamers with the class 47 slung on the back of the train also it allows me to run several liveries in my coaching fleet as this is just like the real thing trains where several liveries can be seen.

BEFORE

042-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

044-2.jpg

AFTER

I repainted the roof with Railmatch roof dirt and also I gave the maroon a coat of gloss as the real Westcost 47's have a glossy look to them

061-2.jpg

064-1.jpg

060.jpg

054-3.jpg

058-2.jpg

055-2.jpg

056-2.jpg

057-2.jpg

063-1.jpg

Edited by Anthony

Hiddenaggenda called down to see me today and show me his nice clean break van. Well it was clean when he arrived =)) but some how got dirty running around my layout:cool::rolleyes:. Also my Hornby 08 repainted to D301. ENJOY

brakevan011.jpg

brakevan012.jpg

brakevan013.jpg

brakevan014.jpg

Irish Model Railway Resprays Making Your Models Look Realistic

Edited by Anthony

Guest hidden-agenda

That hornby 08 runs like a dream and looks damn good am very impressed whats the scruffy looking thing beside it? =))

Guest hidden-agenda

Anthony as i have said all along you do the best weathering in the country, its realistic and worth every penny there,s no point in paying for DUSTING any one can spend 15 minutes with a spray brush and lightly blow some black and brown over a model and charge 15 or 20 quid for it.

Edited by hidden-agenda

Have to agree - this standard of weathering is transforming the models and making them look exactly how they often appeared in traffic after 30 to 40 years of use. It's absolutely excellent weathering and I will definitely will be sending up some shiny locos for the 'treatment.'

That's why I'm sending a pristine 181 to the man. I've seen one or two carriages in the flesh, but not a loco. However, I'm convinced he sees weathering with truth - oil spills, grease, window dirt, general neglect, grime, bogie dust, rust, sun bleached paint, streaks. Many others don't.

Thanks for the kind words lads I really do appreciate it. Weathering is an art I really enjoy doing. Its very easy to take your airbrush and just dust different colours of paint over a model. But I would not call this weathering.

Weathering is not about putting paint on a model but it about taking that paint off and toning/fading/bleaching/rusting etc etc over and over again to get the look of the real thing. I spend hours working on just one model to get the desired effect that I want.

I do wish I could just give a model a light dusting of paint in a couple of minutes and call that weathering but its not what I call weathering. Some customers may be happy with that but usually my customers demand a high service and its provides me with a great challenge in replicating their models to the real thing.

Once again thanks for your kind complements and PM's I've received regarding my work .:x

Edited by Anthony

This is my own brake van that I have fitted with leds in the lamps and interior. I did her in the later IR livery I still have to add the vacum pipes. A big big Thank You to Hiddenagenda as I'm snowed under painting and weathering for you guys he built the kit for me otherwise it would have been put on the long finger. Also a big Thank You to Des for a lovely kit. Painting and weathering were done by myself. Enjoy

034-1.jpg

033-4.jpg

031-4.jpg

030-3.jpg

029-3.jpg

027-1.jpg

026-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

Edited by Anthony

The fluorescent lights in my layout room don't usually let you guy's see the full effect of my work so as it was a nice sunny day today here are some photos of the break van in natural light

024-2.jpg

037-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-2.jpg

043-3.jpg

Edited by Anthony