Anthony's Workbench

Rate this topic

Flying Scotsman 4472

This is my own 111 which of course had to be weathered. Looking at photos of the real one I wasn't happy with the red warning panel on the model as it always looks to be a faded dayglow orange and its how I remember the class in that livery so I changed it. Also added were etched brass name plates and kadee couplings permanently attached in the front valance. For those members who have been PMing me wanting to know how to do this there is a how to in the Hints and Tips section of the website. Enjoy the photos :tumbsup:

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

photo (4).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo (7).jpg

photo (8).jpg

photo.jpg

• Like 1

I see Anthony's scenery is just as realistic as his weathering!

Have to say when I first saw a pic of the (real) 077, and despite the fact that I am a well known advocate of the all-over grey in GSR/CIE days for steam engines, I thought it looked ghastly, it's ghastliness only exceeded by the new logo. But now I like both..... and naturally, ghastly or not, Anthony's replication of it was always guaranteed to be superb...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Lads,

I've come back to the site today. As always it's good to be back among friends and I hope all past issues can be left in the past and we can all move on and run some trains and enjoy this hobby.

While I've been away I've been very busy, not just with my layout Ballykay but with my modelling business Weathering Gurus. Here's a few videos to show you gusys what I've been up to. Enjoy!

Hi Noel its great to be back and I know I rubbed alot of people up the wrong way and for that I apologise. I hope to be more involved in the comnunity in the future. :-bd

Welcome back Anthony, I hope your comments will be taken in the sincerity they are intended, and all can move forward with an open, inclusive community for all irish modellers.