WARLEY NEC Birmingham

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Fantastic model of a real location. It was featured in Continental Modeller recently and, if I remember correctly it is 16 metres long!

That's the most incredible layout I have ever seen. And operationally hyper realistic. Is it a club/society layout or a private one?

This is the "Dutch" layout, that is actually Belgian. Worth a look too.

Now that layout ( along with Grantham ) impressed me. It was operationally near flawless, even if I can't really identify with the prototype. It was an outstanding example of running reliability. I watched it for about 30 minutes , it was totally operated by computer and just a husband and wife team, he chatted away to us visitors. Full working signalling. A real triumph of model engineering , and all using standard peco and tillig track

Grantham was a layout I went to Warley to see. Complex ( required 6 operators ) and they were running a timetable which is brave for an exhibition , great layout, mind you it was nowhere near as reliable as the previous one.

I must say that all the layouts were to a very high stndatd , sone I liked and some I didn't but all were to a very high standard , scenery in particular has come a long way .

image.jpg

Edited by Junctionmad

• 2 weeks later...