Rate this topic

ttc0169

On 8/7/2020 at 11:45 PM, ttc0169 said:

Another bundle of joy arrived last week, and another big congratulations are in order to the lads at IRM.

A selection of photographs taken earlier at a busy Lakeview rail freight yard sees retro liveried locomotive 071 arrive from the MPD after refueling to work the bogie spoil train consisting of spent ballast from the recently extended freight yard and some life expired concrete sleepers,

The fourth photo shows the interior of the cement/fertilizer store which has been fitted with interior lighting-it has really added to the scene,

Forklifts LV1 and LV2 are busy loading cement and Guinness kegs while the bulk cement bubbles are unloaded,

Pictures speak louder than words.....enjoy....:tumbsup:

IMG_E5234.JPG

IMG_E5235.JPG

IMG_E5236.JPG

IMG_E5237.JPG

IMG_E5238.JPG

IMG_E5239.JPG

IMG_E5240.JPG

IMG_E5241.JPG

IMG_E5242.JPG

IMG_E5243.JPG

better empty that warehouse after what happened in beruit

i would love a high roofed attic to put a proper railway into

• Like 2

The Sperry train visited Tara junction a few days ago hauled by locomotive 0117072, it is seen here departing from the station and observing the required 30 mph speed restriction while recording-(the real Sperry train visited the Ballina branch line last week as can be seen in the last photo for comparison.)

IMG_E5328.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

• Like 3

Life at the junction just keeps on getting better and better.....thanks to IRM......:dancing:

Having deposited the Sperry wagon into the permanent way sidings locomotive 0117072 shunted the weed spray coach 3187 into its normal formation with the water tank and storage container wagons.....and then its maiden voyage around the layout......

IMG_5375.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

IMG_5376.JPG

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

2607+2608 arrives at the branch platform with a connecting service for the MK 4 set,

0117072 departs from the up main road hauling the Sperry wagon on its annual inspection of the layout,

216 propels the MK 4 set out of the platform making some noise as it departs,

The crew of 071 take a well deserved break as it works the bogie spoil wagons.

Both 216 and 072 have been fitted with Mr Sound-guys Real Drive sound chip which really make a difference. :tumbsup:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

A project I have been working on over the last few week has finally been finished,

I decided to scratch build a model of the Irish rail inspection car 722 using photos I took of the real vehicle taken in Sligo station a few weeks ago,

I used the motorized Bachmann Plasser OWB10 chassis  which has a DCC 8 pin socket fitted,

I am delighted with the result,I also added three permanent way figures to the interior to represent the driver and permanent way inspector and an engineer.

Its another useful addition to the ever increasing Permanent way department on Tara Junction.:dancing:

IMG_E5426.JPG

IMG_E5427.JPG

• Like 13
  • WOW! 1

2 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

A project I have been working on over the last few week has finally been finished,

I decided to scratch build a model of the Irish rail inspection car 722 using photos I took of the real vehicle taken in Sligo station a few weeks ago,

I used the motorized Bachmann Plasser OWB10 chassis  which has a DCC 8 pin socket fitted,

I am delighted with the result,I also added three permanent way figures to the interior to represent the driver and permanent way inspector and an engineer.

Its another useful addition to the ever increasing Permanent way department on Tara Junction.:dancing:

IMG_E5426.JPG

IMG_E5427.JPG

Nice Job Noel.

• Thanks 1

Good morning from Tara junction

We see B134+B188 hauling an RPSI rail tour though the station,
B188 has been fitted with a 645 engine sound chip and both locos sound great while working in multiple,

156+183 also pass hauling the 10 piece Mk2 a/b set. 

4001+Belmond locomotive 216 pass on the up main line with the 09:25 Mk4 service from Cork. 

6105+220 and a Mk3 push pull set wait at the platform until the Mk4 set clears into the next section  

• Like 3
  • WOW! 2

It’s a busy Friday evening at the permanent way sidings with a double headed 082+074 shunting the Weedspray train and other permanent way trains ready for the weekend work. 
A new siding has been added on the left to store EM50,the Sperry wagon and the road rail milling unit. 

2F6AD019-2E9A-4FE5-A64B-3084C1432A83.jpeg

66F263C5-1CB1-4218-8E01-9AFA1416DA7E.jpeg

• Like 8
  • WOW! 3

2 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

It’s a busy Friday evening at the permanent way sidings with a double headed 082+074 shunting the Weedspray train and other permanent way trains ready for the weekend work. 
A new siding has been added on the left to store EM50,the Sperry wagon and the road rail milling unit. 

2F6AD019-2E9A-4FE5-A64B-3084C1432A83.jpeg

66F263C5-1CB1-4218-8E01-9AFA1416DA7E.jpeg

NPHET are now deeply concerned about a potential outbreak of yellow fever. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

42 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:
On 25/7/2020 at 6:53 PM, ttc0169 said:

Hyster 16 ton forklift trucks LV1 & LV2 have been purchased and will be for unloading the Guinness,fertilizer pallets,

IMG_E5149.JPG

IMG_E5152.JPG

Expand  

Did you hand-paint LV1 and LV2 yourself, @ttc0169?

I found one in white but couldn't find one in yellow.

It's a strong possibility Dave. Noel is the master of the repaint, he can make anything pass as irish!

Edited by JasonB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1