Rate this topic

ttc0169

Many thanks lads,I've just noticed that I started this thread exactly one year ago today,

Thank you to all who have replied to Tara junction ,

Since last year the layout is now DCC controlled with 10 sound fitted locomotives and a sound fitted excellent Viessmann tamper,

But the highlight for me is the 071s and of course the excellent Enterprise coaches by D+M models,

Here's to the next year

Afternoon lads,a few photos from this mornings operations on the layout,

image-1282983113.jpg

077 gets an exam done before going light engine to work the timber train later,while 29001 comes off the branch with a morning commuter service.

image-4115611465.jpg

The morning up Waterford push/pull-6101+220 overtakes the Arrow-2601+2602 which is operating a local service,while 080 hauls the up Athlone Mk2 a/b set not far from its destination,

The 29000 railcar works back to Tara Jctn station to form another service back.

image-721177204.jpg

Monday morning rush hour on the high street,beneath the street is from left 220+P/P-6101,209+Enterprise-9001,087+Mk3s and 222+Mk4 set 4001-await their next turn of duty.

Many thanks lads,I've just noticed that I started this thread exactly one year ago today,

Since last year the layout is now DCC controlled with 10 sound fitted locomotives and a sound fitted excellent Viessmann tamper,

But the highlight for me is the 071s and of course the excellent Enterprise coaches by D+M models,

Here's to the next year

Congratulations Noel. It's been a year of amazing progress at Tara Junction, a fantastic layout. I'm sure we're wondering what developments will be revealed over the next 12 months!

Here's to the next year

I think I must have converted you to the dark side of

DCC Noel as I think when you saw Gerry's locos with

sound,you were hooked,so you can blame me for costing

you a fortune,lol.

I think I must have converted you to the dark side of

DCC Noel as I think when you saw Gerry's locos with

sound,you were hooked,so you can blame me for costing

you a fortune,lol.

It sure was Eamonn-and many thanks must also go to yourself and Gerry and Anthony for all the helpful advice on the installation and operation of DCC-which is great fun,

Here is a short video of sound fitted 077 working an empty timber train while 080 hauls the Mk2 air braked set through the washing plant at slow speed....:tumbsup:

Oh that is sweet. I was distracted by the dutch van on the mk 2 while darth powered through. Whats the background for the timber wagons they look stunning. Richie.

Thanks Richie-the timber wagons are from the german company PIKO and while not exactly to the scale length of the prototype they are the best ready to run timber wagons on the market with a few minor modifications like bulkhead ladders and steps at one end of each wagon.

Congratulations Noel on your first year' date=' what have you planned for the next 12 months?[/quote']

Thanks lads,

Kieran-I'd like to have some more storage space underneath the layout something like you have on Kirley junction would be ideal,trouble is I've no room at the moment for a helix unless I alter the door into the model room and maybe remove a wardrobe.

Evening lads,

Firstly a big thank you to Tom at Irish freight models for building the Sperry wagon which is an excellent model wagon which is well detailed,

The Sperry wagon took to the rails earlier behind locomotive 083...here are a few photos,

I'll be adding the weed spray tanker wagons for extra brake force to it over the next few days-but they won't be on it for long as I'll need them for the forthcoming weed-spraying season which will be starting soon......!!!

image-3741342373.jpg

Sperry wagon 30219

image-2127442671.jpg

Excellent detail-thanks Tom.

image-1029032463.jpg

083 hauls the Sperry wagon through Tara Junction station no defects were found as this particular section was recently renewed and has also been packed by tamper 751.

Thanks lads,

I added the weed-sprayer water tank wagons to the Sperry train earlier-it looks better now,

Also a loco swap took place with 086 coming off the BELL liner train and being replaced by 073,

077 which has just came off the timber waits to allow 073 out of the depot,while 177+176 are checked out prior to working the Weed-spray train next week.

image-917702883.jpg

The Sperry train with additional wagons providing extra brake force.

image-3978054310.jpg

083 hauls the Sperry train.

image-533310080.jpg

Friday nights loco swap.

image-1048266.jpg

The shunter guides the driver of 073 towards the BELL liner train.

image-3427172447.jpg

After coupling 073 to the train the shunter opens the brake valves which are located underneath the cab.

image-1265104634.jpg

073 works the 22:45 Northwall-Waterford BELL liner-073 will be swapped onto the mornings Mk3 passenger departure back to the capital.

[ATTACH]6954[/ATTACH]

After coupling 073 to the train the shunter opens the brake valves which are located underneath the cab.

Now THAT is a quality shot. And remember, these are RTR Bells and an RTR 071, whoever thought we'd see the day???

I really don't know how you do it ttc0169, that train shunter is the spit of Tony Maguire train examiner in North Wall (now retired) and don't tell me thats by accident, 077 did indeed work the HOBS,so thats certainly up to date.

Regards

h.gricer