Rate this topic

ttc0169

This is absolutly Fantastic. The detail and the reality of it. Well done. Something to aspire too paudie[/quote

Cheers and thanks Paudie-your comments are much appreciated, welcome to the site,

Keep watching-lots of great suggestions from friends of mine for some useful scenes and stories.

There was a picture in one of the journals a few years ago of the 4 141s on the then new double track to maynooth. I 'be also seen a video of them in action which was shown in the IRRS some years ago.

Nice pic Noel, you'll soon be up for the 'model photographer of the year award' and 'model layout of the year award' with all these recent posts!!

Tara junction resignalling scheme The one thing that has been missing from the layout is the lack of signals.....well not anymore, After an enjoyable day at the Warley exhibition last weekend-I arrived home with some of the fabulous Train-tech DCC operated colour light signals, They are excellent with a very easy set up and as the demo says you can programme a number of signals to operate with the one address-which I have done... Here are a few photos of work in progress showing loco 077 being used to test the signals.. image-2991436891.jpg And finally...a green aspect here means 077 can proceed....more signalling updates over the coming week....

image-1863775180.jpg

image-2095828015.jpg

image-1198755053.jpg

image-1517706129.jpg

image-3032646080.jpg

image-349787421.jpg

image-3626693943.jpg

image-3242658434.jpg

After a successful commissioning of phase one of the resignalling project which saw nine two and three aspect signals installed-it was time to run some trains,

Phase two of the resignalling scheme will take place in January-I'm planning on installing some more three aspect and four aspect signals for the up and down relief/fast lines....

Anyway back to earlier...a busy evening in the freight yard saw 073 haul the BELL liner into the yard for unloading-073 went off to the depot for its overdue exam and was replaced by 011077 fresh from the depot-the liner train now having some present day MSC containers and reefer units and tanks on board....similar to yesterday's Northwall-Ballina IWT liner which was also hauled by 011077....here are a few photos from earlier....enjoy.

image-3438004016.jpg

087 storms through the up fast with the empty timber while 085 awaits a crew to take forward the ammonia...and 011077 waits for the timber to clear the section before being let out of the loop siding.

image-3031751207.jpg

image-3374166488.jpg

Out in the mainline 011077 let's loose with the heavy IWT liner while 071 waits in the other loop with the DFDS CPW liner train.

image-3827722680.jpg

A view of the new highly detailed reefer boxes-very nice on the rear of the liner

image-3051767675.jpg

A patrol gangers view of 071 and 011077

image-3257201889.jpg

And finally loco 078 which is working a seven piece Mk3 set is held at signal TJ 12 as the driver gets down to talk with the controlling signalman who will inform him that he is letting 071 and the CPWs out over the crossover once the empty timber clears signal TJ 15-a busy evening..!!!