Rate this topic

ttc0169

Those pocket wagons look great' date=' the whole layout looks great. Are you switching the signals via points or dcc?[/quote']

Dave,I'm switching the signals via the DCC handset-and after phase two of the signalling is complete the plan is to fit some points motors and have the points and signals interlocked-

I'm very happy with the results so far...

Thanks lads for all your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening lads,

A few photos from the junction of some operations earlier.....

image-3995013157.jpg

Sulzer loco 101 returned to service-(thanks to enniscorthyman and Gerry Byrne)-thanks lads

The depot manager and some fitters have a chat about the condition and haulage power of the loco-so it's decided to send her out on a trial run with a Cravens coach and a BR SHV.......

image-3515841659.jpg

101 is seen here passing the carriage valeting plant under the watchful eyes of the depot manager....the loco now is the pilot loco for the carriage plant releasing a 141 for other duties.

image-2264797705.jpg

Another trial that took place was loco 160 hauling a recently acquired CIE liveried Mk3 gen van-7604....

image-1869621268.jpg

And finally some 141/181s have been brought back to the MPD for the Christmas for storage as I've cancelled most of the liners-(except the Guinness liner.....which will have an 071 allocated just in case....!!!)

Nearest the camera is 146,186,189,175,177,184 and 187 with on the left the RPSI loco B141 being used as the loco depot pilot.

ttc, never ceases to amaze me the arrangement of scenarios that can be achieved, and if nothing is stirring, the complexity of just arranging a release of a station pilot for a replacement. In that spirit of accuracy to real events, perhaps you could get the depot staff to look to make sure the station structures are in compliance with the IE Publication on the procedures of "How to Shtop Bits of Bildins Flyin' Way in Twind"? :) Richie

Morning lads,

A few Christmas shopping specials are operating around the junction this morning along side the regular passenger train movements....

Here we see 2601+2602 in original arrow livery working alongside 2607+2608 which is in the current grey livery-they are operating local services-over on the fast line 29001 in commuter livery overtakes 2607+2608 while working an auxiliary service

image-23232795.jpg

2601+2602 pass through the station non-stop

image-2130868715.jpg

The morning Enterprise hauled by 227 is photographed from the top deck of VG33 on route 83 which is heading for the town centre

image-206288304.jpg

image-3916493287.jpg

Thanks to Brian Collins for producing such a fine Dublin bus model-looking forward to the next surprise

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL from the Chief operating officer of Tara Junction.

ttc0169

I'll be dropping by to make sure that the tail piece on that Guinness liner is firmly attached. we don't want No1 driver getting stuck in midsection with supplies running low, do we ?

PS You'd better stick the converted Ammonia/Bombay wagon to the rake as well. Hope it's been cleared for Guirys loading bank.......

Hi there' date=' Superb pics and brilliant layout, well done. How much? and where did you get the enterprise stock? I'm very tempted to get one. Merry Christmas[/quote']

Thank you Nelson-How much?-too much...!!!

The enterprise is a D+M hand built model which I have just over a year now,check out their section in the shops and manufacturers thread

Eamonn-yes 073 and your ballast will be more than welcome in 2014.

Paul-Hmmm still early planning stages for the DART 2014 project...

Bufferstop-all day Guinness liners operating tomorrow-the tail piece might be under pressure...!!!!