Rate this topic

ttc0169

Some freight action on Tara junction and at the Lakeview freight yard.

156+183 haul a bogie Guinness/two axle cement liner thru the junction as 073 is held at a signal on the opposite line,

0117078 is stabled on the down siding with the bogie spoil wagons-which are waiting to be unloaded.

0117077 arrives at the Lakeview freight yard from Waterford with the DFDS CPW liner.

IMG_E2376.JPG

IMG_E2375.JPG

IMG_E2377.JPG

IMG_E2378.JPG

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

Another addition to the 071 fleet-0117083 fresh from its bodywork overhaul is seen here hauling a HOBS set through platform 2 where it will discharge ballast along the track,

The loco has been fitted with replacement wipers to improve appearance and with thanks to Steve at Railtec who provided the waterslide transfers for 083.

IMG_E2389.JPG

IMG_E2388.JPG

IMG_E2390.JPG

IMG_E2387.JPG

IMG_E2385.JPG

• Like 7

Troops

I know its not my place to lecture or correct but please oh please run your bubbles ladder to ladder

This was to facilitate loading and unloading and from my young days at the Cabra cement silos I always remember racing up the ladder

when you could see your pal racing up the one on the other bubble, happy days

5a882ab9dde23_SlideNo_2544.thumb.jpg.41b09f83cc8fa5d606a3b73369f39188.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 2
  • Funny 1

44 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Troops

I know its not my place to lecture or correct but please oh please run your bubbles ladder to ladder

This was to facilitate loading and unloading and from my young days at the Cabra cement silos I always remember racing up the ladder

Sorry - But on my model railway they are arranged the way I like them to look, in symmetry with ladders all in the same direction. Call it OCD or personal preference but I can't stand the look ladder to ladder even if its prototypically correct - it looks all wrong on my toy choo-choo layout. :) On Kingsbridge the virtual lads who have to load and unload cement get over time! 

10 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Yep

Those boxing gloves will come in handy on the 3rd

Bring it on! nono.gif I can aim two air brushes at your gloxing boves and weather both of them before you've even realised. parapet.gif

Suppose we won't fall out friendsagain.gif Twas your very self who converted me to bubbles in Bray about a year ago when you sold me four of @Georgeconna's weathered orange MIR bubbles.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Troops

5a882ab9dde23_SlideNo_2544.thumb.jpg.41b09f83cc8fa5d606a3b73369f39188.jpg

A risk assessment was done of the location and it was recommended that the wagons should have the loading/unloading equipment at the western end of the silo to facilitate a quicker discharging process  etc. PIMP

WREENEIRE-thanks for the photos.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

A risk assessment was done of the location and it was recommended that the wagons should have the loading/unloading equipment at the western end of the silo to facilitate a quicker discharging process  etc. PIMP

WREENEIRE-thanks for the photos.

Is that an orange/tan coloured broken wheel on the CIE logo on the two near side wagons?

Interesting the near side wagons look spotless whereas those behind look manky.

• Informative 1

Few interesting things from Dave's photos. First is that there appears to be a passenger coach in the background. Was Cabra used to store passenger trains?

Second observation is the differing locations of the 'Bulk Cement' stencilling on the wagons as in one is slightly higher or lower than the other one. Nice little detail if IRM ever decide to do the bubbles in early grey livery.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 17/2/2018 at 2:54 PM, Broithe said:

A good punch-up to clear the air can often lead to the cementing of a relationship.

Do you need seconds, and will betting be allowed? PIMP

Well I went to Bray Wheelers on Sunday armed with two air brushes in their holsters expecting fireworks but not even a paint splutter! :) Saw Eoin's incredible 0 gauge master piece in motion. Sorry for slight thread deviation Noel.  Anyway I'm glad to report both Noel's prefer to run bubbles with Ladders in symmetry. 

Edited by Noel
  • Like 3

I have nearly finished my 201silver fox bodied locomotive,I used a 141 chassis to improve running,

I also fitted a 181 loco sound chip in order to recreate the replacement GM B645 engine which were fitted to the real locos in their day

I purchased the A/C class detailing kit off des at SSM to improve the look of the loco and also gave it a repaint.

Here we see the loco on test with the IRM ballast hoppers.

Another view from the present is of retro liveried loco 073 working a reconfigured Sperry train with the addition of a bogie spoil wagon attached to the rear for added brake force..and 071 working the IWT liner,

IMG_E2548.JPG

IMG_E2551.JPG

IMG_E2571.JPG

IMG_E2572.JPG

IMG_E2574.JPG

• Like 4

On 18/02/2018 at 4:04 PM, Noel said:

Is that an orange/tan coloured broken wheel on the CIE logo on the two near side wagons?

Yes. In original grey (normal wagon grey, basically) the logo was white lettering with a tan "broken wheel".

They seemed to keep them cleaner both then and in the earlier days of the orange livery.

If anyone fancies running a set in grey, just match the paint on the bubble to the grey on the chassis of the orange ones.

• 2 weeks later...

0117077 is seen here in Lakeview freight yard with the DFDS CPW liner

The driver has by propelled the liner back to allow ease of loading by the reach stacker,

All this is taking place while under the watchful eyes of the yard supervisor.

IMG_E2657.JPG

IMG_E2658.JPG

IMG_E2659.JPG

IMG_E2660.JPG

• Like 5
  • WOW! 4

On 08/03/2018 at 6:45 PM, ttc0169 said:

0117077 is seen here in Lakeview freight yard with the DFDS CPW liner

The driver has by propelled the liner back to allow ease of loading by the reach stacker,

All this is taking place while under the watchful eyes of the yard supervisor.

IMG_E2657.JPG

IMG_E2658.JPG

IMG_E2659.JPG

IMG_E2660.JPG

Fantastic scene Noel, love the stacker it looks great.Brilliant as always :tumbsup:

• Like 3

On 18/02/2018 at 4:04 PM, Noel said:

Yes. Same as on grey H vans or Palvans - "wheels" on anything else were always white. 

Once the all-brown livery appear on H and Palvans, they had all-white too.

In readiness of a busy 2018 for the RPSI a number of the Cravens coaches were brought in to the MPD for examination.

The purpose of the work was to fit washers to the bogies to improve the ride quality,

It was a busy morning at the MPD when the team of volunteer's under the instructions of Stephen and Joe shunted the first coach 1505 into position by loco 076 in order for the jacks to lift it off its bogies,

All went well and as the following images show the work was completed in a short time,

Thanks must go to the Irish rail CME team who facilitated and assisted with the work.

IMG_E2834.JPG

IMG_E2836.JPG

IMG_E2837.JPG

IMG_E2838.JPG

IMG_E2839.JPG

IMG_E2841.JPG

IMG_E2854.JPG

IMG_E2855.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • WOW! 4