Rate this topic

ttc0169

A nocturnal view of the new Lakeview container freight depot at Tara junction,With over sixty containers to choose from-it certainly is going to be a busy place for freight and shunting movements....

CIE loco 161SA is the yard pilot and is seen here awaiting its next turn of duty,

Thanks to Baseboard Dave for supplying the fantastic tower lights, highly recommended.

IMG_E1859.JPG

IMG_E1860.JPG

• Like 5
  • WOW! 2

1 hour ago, ttc0169 said:

A nocturnal view of the new Lakeview container freight depot at Tara junction,With over sixty containers to choose from-it certainly is going to be a busy place for freight and shunting movements....

CIE loco 161SA is the yard pilot and is seen here awaiting its next turn of duty,

Thanks to Baseboard Dave for supplying the fantastic tower lights, highly recommended.

Noel,  that scene looks super. Yummie. Concrete yard finish looks spot on. the other Noel :) 

• Like 1

Some operating fun on Tara junction earlier,retro 073 arrives at the Lakeview freight yard with the empty timber train,

Now we know what the postman was waiting for....NIRs.112+8113 in multiple working mode operate the IE bogie spoil wagons seen here waiting for the up Enterprise-9001+8208 to overtake.

Enterprise loco 209 is a rare sight on the two axle ballast hopper wagons-which are seen being shunted to the per way sidings

IMG_E2132.JPG

IMG_E2131.JPG

IMG_E2128.JPG

IMG_E2122.JPG

IMG_E2138.JPG

IMG_E2139.JPG

IMG_E2140.JPG

• Like 4
  • WOW! 2

• 2 weeks later...

The 2018 operating season started with the RPSI running a charter utilising their Craven coaches and BR GSV 3185 being hauled by B141.

It also saw retro 071 shunt the bogie spoil wagons to the loop platform to allow the release of the Sperry/weed spray train for its first tour of the system,

The spoil wagons were later collected by 0117078.

IMG_E2214.JPG

IMG_E2215.JPG

IMG_E2216.JPG

IMG_E2220.JPG

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Noel said:

. Do you mind me asking how your fab enterprise coach rake came into being?

The Enterprise rake is made by D&M models, they have a section here on the forum, Dave is usually quick to respond to PMs. They also make the excellent IMO 2600 units in any running livery or numbers you like, have 3 sets myself.

Apologies if hijacking this super thread.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Having seen this layout in the flesh, I can testify that it's every bit as good as it looks in operation - and better. And when I saw it, there wasn't even as much stuff on it as now!

So a continuing well done to ttc0169 for sharing.....

The "Enterprise", RPSI specials, and he even has a Craven with a well known wandering railway photographer hanging out of the window!

All it needs is a steam special......   ;-)

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:07 AM, Pastavenue said:

Looks great as usual Noel ,did you scratch build the sperry train or is it a RTR?

REGARDS

ENDA

Hi Enda- the Sperry/weed spray train are from the Irish freight models range.

7 hours ago, The Derry Road said:

Noel superb as always, keep up the good work  I have a question if I may, where did you get the irish rail billboards displayed on you layout?

Regards

TDR

Hi Raymond-they were copied from old CIE/IR timetabes which I collect and were scaled up or down to suit the layout.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Having seen this layout in the flesh, I can testify that it's every bit as good as it looks in operation - and better. And when I saw it, there wasn't even as much stuff on it as now!

So a continuing well done to ttc0169 for sharing.....

The "Enterprise", RPSI specials, and he even has a Craven with a well known wandering railway photographer hanging out of the window!

All it needs is a steam special......   ;-)

And the wanderer is still taking photos out that window....

Thanks jhb, i am working on an RPSI steam special for the future.

4 hours ago, bantree said:

Excellent layout Noel-full of interest.

Thanks bantree,as you can see I like lots of activity.with passenger and freight trains operating around the four track circuit,I now have the added bonus of shunting at the Lakeview freight yard...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am in the process of giving my Silver model 201 C class model an upgrade,

Having followed Noels Kingsbridge workbench re motoring of his 201,I decided on a similar project,

Firstly I selected a spare 141 and used its chassis as the main part, I then purchased a SSM C class detailing kit at added it to the resin body of the loco which as Noel has correctly stated fits like a glove onto the chassis,

I am currently awaiting a sound chip-a 181 loco with the 645 sounding engine to complete,

I have repainted the loco as the intention is to have it look like one that is near the end of its working life-1986/1987 era.

Here are a few photos of progress so far..

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_E2302.JPG

• Like 4

Well done Noel for taking the plunge with a 141 donor.  It scared the heck out of me the first time I tried it.  By dismembering a 141 some may say we have committed a mortal sin and could "rot in the bogie of eternal stench" :) (G Brennan 2018).  You were cleverer than I was, because I disconnected the front lighting PCBs unnecessarily.  Its an ideal chassis for the C class with a near perfect fit, 21pin socket, a speaker cradle and lighting on board. Noel (the other one) :) 

46 minutes ago, Noel said:

" :)   You were cleverer than I was, because I disconnected the front lighting PCBs unnecessarily.  Its an ideal chassis for the C class with a near perfect fit, 21pin socket, a speaker cradle and lighting on board. Noel (the other one) :) 

Thanks Noel.

If the lighting units don't give enough light for the head lights then my plan is to have them used as the Cab lights instead.

29 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Thanks Noel.

If the lighting units don't give enough light for the head lights then my plan is to have them used as the Cab lights instead.

Yes the PCB LEDs are micro sized but with fibre optic routing should work ok for head lamp and running lights.  The MM only used clear plastic to reroute the lights but fibre would be even better.  That's the bit I have to do next :) 

• Informative 1