Rate this topic

ttc0169

After arriving in Waterford with the DFDS CPW liner,loco 216 was attached in to the empty timber which was bound for Westport,

Here we see 216 diverted via Tara Jctn with the empty timber.

083 passes light engine on the up road and 0117076 idles over on the per-way sidings.

2607+2608 has arrived in the bay platform with a local service.

image-3028981952.jpg

After arriving in Waterford with the DFDS CPW liner,loco 216 was attached in to the empty timber which was bound for Westport,

Here we see 216 diverted via Tara Jctn with the empty timber.

083 passes light engine on the up road and 0117076 idles over on the per-way sidings.

2607+2608 has arrived in the bay platform with a local service.

[ATTACH]24455[/ATTACH]

Excellent scene. Love this layout.

Looks fantastic!

Noticing the cover picture on the SSM brake van kit. It shows a van in normal "in-service" condition obviously, but a livery detail is worth taking note of.

In the photo of the van, the yellow stripes have faded, worn off or are dirty. While I never saw a van with that degree of invisibility of the stripes, it was obviously the case the day that photograph was taken. Thus, for accuracy, it's important to realise where they were.

As will be seen, the black goes from roof level down to the bottom of the bodyside. But while this is right for the top and bottom bits, the bit that's actually raised had the stripes, the flat bit above, and at the very bottom were plain black.

• 2 weeks later...

216 hauls the four coach Belmond Grand Hibernian Mk3s on a test run around the layout earlier,

This is not the finished livery,I just wanted to see what the train was like before the final slightly darker blue and decals will be applied

image-888828310.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some activity on Tara Jctn tonight....

216 and the Belmond mk3s in the correct livery are seen passing through the station on further trials..

On the left the driver of 0117076 changes cabs after departing the per-way sidings and awaits the shunter to change the points to allow the loco head to the MPD for servicing,

082 arrives from the MPD and will be swapped with 083 which has worked the empty timber.

image-3303644975.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The transfer of the RPSI owned 141 class locos took place a few weeks ago, The Locos are seen here arriving at Tara junction before proceeding on to Connolly loco shed, Although not 100% right original liveried 071 loco 088 is towing B141+175. image-1631390063.jpg

image-3546705985.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Will the Belmond visit Tara Junction on its first journey, I wonder? It might cross the Railtours Emerald Isle Express, for all I know, though I haven't seen the circular, of course....... ;-)

The Belmond is already there John....On trial before the real thing went out,and undergoing minor modifacations,just like the real thing....