Rate this topic

ttc0169

Just stunning! Is it static gras' date=' or how did you build it up! Is the overgrown siding still usable?[/quote']

No Stephen-it's not static grass....its from the Noch range,

The siding is useable-I plan to use it for the loading of the timber trains and the HOBS train.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening gentlemen,

After an enjoyable exhibition at Blackrock at the weekend-and pints in very good company afterwards,it was time to head back to the junction...

I couldn't resist purchasing sound fitted MM 161SA as it was the first (of all) the 141/181 class locomotives I had had a cab ride on over the Ballina branch,

After fitting all the brake pipes etc-and having given the loco a slight weathering ,it was time to give it a test run,

I'm delighted with the quality of the sound and all its features,

Here we see the loco heading for the fuelling point-and joining 071 locos 084,087 and 088,

On the far road we see ex works loco 080 in the new IR livery.

image-66472972.jpg

0117076 is stabled for the night on the up station siding at Tara junction with the Sperry wagon and weedspray train,

Arrow liveried 2601+2602 await the road into the MPD from the up loop road.

image-1146172316.jpg

The yard inspector oversees proceedings and is using his Massey Ferguson 135 for transport.

(Thanks Andy)

The driver of 161SA notches off power while passing through Tara Jctn Station with a mixed rake of Park royal and Cravens coaches which are forming a relief special following 086SA on a Mk3 Super train set.

Looks so authentic. 161 sounds great.

Edited by Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some early morning activity at Tara Jctn,

073 has arrived from Waterford with an empty timber train and is awaiting 0117078 to depart from the up siding with the HOBS train,

29001 has arrived at the new branch platform and will shortly depart back along the newly relaid branch line to Lakeview station,

In the other direction 175 has charge of the branch set comprising of the two Park Royal and one Cravens coach and BR van.

image-1091623320.jpg

In the foreground 0117080 and 0117076 await their next turn of duty.