Rate this topic

ttc0169

Noel' date=' that's looking just mega, well done, mind me asking what size is your layout, & did you have the first track's actually down before you changed your plan, thanks I advance, & again well done, lot's of trains running on that,[/quote']

Paul-the upper level of the layout measures 15'x10',

On the first plan I hadn't fixed the track to the baseboard,but as I'm happy with this track plan I have glued the track to the board-it can be changed again if needed without damaging the track...

Thank you lads for all your comments.

Starting to take shape Noel' date='the station area is going to look good. What type of glue do you use for fixing the track?[/quote']

Hi Andy,

I use Superglue-but only on the ends of the sleepers as it makes removal far easier if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

A late night possession of the station area sees ballasting and tamping taking place,

0117071 has charge of the HOBS train which is about to discharge along platform one,

On platform two tamper 751 has started working under the watchful eye of Tommy the engineer in charge of the operation.

image-2682092481.jpg

A late night possession of the station area sees ballasting and tamping taking place,

0117071 has charge of the HOBS train which is about to discharge along platform one,

On platform two tamper 751 has started working under the watchful eye of Tommy the engineer in charge of the operation.

[ATTACH]19756[/ATTACH]

Great scenes. Well done.

Good evening gentlemen,thank you all very much for your kind replies,it is much appreciated....

Work is progressing well on the layout-the up and down fast lines have been handed back to passenger services,and attention has now turned to the relief lines...

Here we see sound fitted loco 0117077 arrive with the HOBS train on the loop platform-with 0117071 waiting to couple to the weedspray train on platform 4,

The tamper and Sperry wagon are stabled on one of the new perway sidings

image-2845904515.jpg

What tamper is that' date=' Noel? Is it prototypical of anything that Irish rail would have run?[/quote']

Morning Kevin-the Tamper is made by a German company called Viessmann,

The nearest Irish rail tamper that is nearly similar would be DTS tampers 741 or 742-but I've chosen the number 751 on mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening gentlemen,

Another bit of progress done over the last few days....I've added some scenery-(not my strongest point)-but I'm happy with the results

image-3526003399.jpg

The per way sidings are starting to fill up with the weed-spray train and HOBS train now stabled there,

Over on platform 6 the 29000 awaits the connection from 208 and the NIR Mk2s which have arrived on platform 5.

The progress is unbelievable Noel, you gave me a tour of the worksite in April and there was nothing there only the basic foundation setup, with the winter months ahead it will really take shape, I look forward to view the progress in the flesh in spring 2016, you did everything right, even down to the planning notice pin to the door for Herself to view and raise objections, which she gave her blessing, the work and fun now begins :tumbsup:

Regards

hg

The progress is unbelievable Noel' date=' you gave me a tour of the worksite in April and there was nothing there only the basic foundation setup, with the winter months ahead it will really take shape, I look forward to view the progress in the flesh in spring 2016, you did everything right, even down to the planning notice pin to the door for Herself to view and raise objections, which she gave her blessing, the work and fun now begins :tumbsup: Regards hg[/quote']

Many thanks gents,yes hgricer it was a pleasure to give you the tour,and you are more than welcome for a revisit at any time....👍👍