An easy livery.

Rate this topic

Broithe

I saw one very similar earlier in Darlington whilst waiting to pick my mate up. It was more of a grey colour and didn't have the yellow front. It was a Trans pennine Express service from Newcastle to Liverpool, not that you could tell. No destination boards, no signs on the side as some do and the completely anonymous livery could belong to anyone going anywhere. Luckily for those travelling to Liverpool, Darlington is well staffed and the announcements are regular and there are screens everywhere.

Ugh, Broithe, please don't remind me of those claustrophobic passenger unfriendly apologies for  trains, with their ultra high seats ensuring very little view. Mind you, they are a LITTLE better than their diesel sisters (also introduced for Virgin by people who should have known better) - the VOMITERS (sorry, Voyagers!).

Mind you, things have got worse with the latest horrors foisted on the people of Britain by an uncaring Government - the 800, 801, 802s with their rock hard seats and spartan interiors.

You don't know how lucky you are in Ireland with CAFS, Rotems, etc.

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 10:02 PM, Broithe said:

Ghost train...

I actually quite like it - I don't like all the swoopy, colour-fading stuff that seems trendy these days.

Ha ha - a chap on this railway heritage page has just described the modern vehicles as "psychedelic sausages"...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/britainsrailwaysremembered/permalink/2449257608623637/

I saw a white Pendolino running past out in the wild on the WCML yesterday - it really did look quite nice.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, Broithe said:

Very little fiddly stuff.

IMG_20191201_190702688.jpg

It won't last long, though - it's just a transitional phase as the operator changes over...

So Virgin have lost their franchise? If it means an end to all that tiresome 'jokey' stuff like those girly announcements in the toilets it will be worth it. I lose braincells every time I hear that nonsense.

Edited by NIR

On 12/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, leslie10646 said:

Ugh, Broithe, please don't remind me of those claustrophobic passenger unfriendly apologies for  trains, with their ultra high seats ensuring very little view. Mind you, they are a LITTLE better than their diesel sisters (also introduced for Virgin by people who should have known better) - the VOMITERS (sorry, Voyagers!).

Mind you, things have got worse with the latest horrors foisted on the people of Britain by an uncaring Government - the 800, 801, 802s with their rock hard seats and spartan interiors.

You don't know how lucky you are in Ireland with CAFS, Rotems, etc.

Looks like the Voyager fleet is being replaced with the Trenitalia takeover of the franchise

On 12/6/2019 at 11:48 PM, NIR said:

So Virgin have lost their franchise?

I traveled on something called 'Avanti West Coast' today, the Branson personality cult has been eradicated!

Though back in the 90s they were a definite improvement on BR and were cheaper too for a good few years.

Edited by NIR