Only a matter of time........

Rate this topic

heirflick

i suppose it was just a matter of time before the grafetti artists struck at the permenant way fleet. copped this plasser in kildare on sunday evening.

for the life of me, i cant see the reason why anyone would want to do that sort of vandalism..:confused:

grafetti 005.jpg

grafetti 003.jpg

grafetti 005.jpg

grafetti 003.jpg

Edited by heirflick

If you're going to deface something, at least do it legibly.

Like what is it supposed to be?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I once repainted an isolated urban bird-hide which was covered in graffiti, most of which was similar rubbish, but there was one very good bit that I painted round. I was heavily criticised for not obliterating that bit as well, but there was no new graffiti for most of a year afterwards. I'm sure that if I'd painted it all out, then it would have restarted straight away. I like to feel that I was in tune with Banksy before I'd even heard of him..

I'd have to say I'm a fan of 'street art'. But only when it's executed well, say in Brighton in the UK or in the back streets of the CBD in Melbourne. That 'tagging' nonsence shown above on the Plasser is quiet s#!t. Banksy need not worry about ths lot!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I once repainted an isolated urban bird-hide which was covered in graffiti, most of which was similar rubbish, but there was one very good bit that I painted round. I was heavily criticised for not obliterating that bit as well, but there was no new graffiti for most of a year afterwards. I'm sure that if I'd painted it all out, then it would have restarted straight away. I like to feel that I was in tune with Banksy before I'd even heard of him..

• 2 weeks later...
i suppose it was just a matter of time before the grafetti artists struck at the permenant way fleet. copped this plasser in kildare on sunday evening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]790[/ATTACH]

for the life of me, i cant see the reason why anyone would want to do that sort of vandalism..:confused:

Bit sad FSD is the spray crew and it reads "curse" its a scrawl tag and not a good one at that, looks as if they got spooked as they did'nt bother to fill it in maybe they got caught. ha ha

Bit sad FSD is the spray crew and it reads "curse" its a scrawl tag and not a good one at that, looks as if they got spooked as they did'nt bother to fill it in maybe they got caught. ha ha

Are the Irish graffeti crews associated with street gangs or is it a separate thing?

In this part of the world taggers tend to be gang wanabees and tagging is a way of marking out the gangs territory in much the same way as other animules.

John

Fair play on your ability to decipher that mess. Waste of time teaching them joined-up writing in school. I thought it was a drawing of a caterpillar!

Edited by minister_for_hardship

Are the Irish graffeti crews associated with street gangs or is it a separate thing?John

Not so much street gangs as groups vying for power. UEK and ICN are two groups that target places that attract danger. Railways and very tall grain silos are perfect for this. Goons in the crews risk life and limb to tag, but mostly they're stuff has an element of artwork about it. Grift is also ICN affiliated but seems to be another group, one of the most prolific on the IE Dublin network. There are other banksy wannabees like 1up from sheriff street who've had it tough and get off in tagging anything - houses, rail stuff, sleeping dogs nearly - just to get one over on "the man", got bless his "if there was work in the bed, he'd sleep on the floor" cotton socks. There would be more Artwork in a tramps underpants.