Irish Railway Models Launch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Jaysus, are you Tom Selleck?! :D your snooping is almost creepy.

Interesting development, hope it's more Murphy Models standard rather than some fly by night job. Be interesting to see what comes of it.

Well Fran, not a fly by night job, I hope!:D

You guys were pretty much discovered by iarnrod back in May

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/4896-New-model-company?highlight=baggot+street

Yours was the first unusual response on the thread followed by Richie's denial.

Iarnrod, Hawaiian shirt and get the Ferrari back out of the shed:cool:

(let me know if the fertilizer wagons or Taras are coming after the bubble):D

Well Fran, not a fly by night job, I hope!:D

You guys were pretty much discovered by iarnrod back in May

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/4896-New-model-company?highlight=baggot+street

Yours was the first unusual response on the thread followed by Richie's denial.

Iarnrod, Hawaiian shirt and get the Ferrari back out of the shed:cool:

(let me know if the fertilizer wagons or Taras are coming after the bubble):D

I can assure you Kevin that we most certainly are not a fly by night operation. These will be built and will be delivered. My hopes there have been answered! ;)

Yes, Noel called it right and I've been chatting to him about it when we launched! Hard to keep a secret in this hobby though I think overall we did quite well :)

You can place orders / deposits on the website - http://irishrailwaymodels.com - which based on the last few days, would be strongly advised to avoid disappointment!

That progress counter on the website seems to have left real time and is stuck on 40 (of 111, I presume).:eek:

Considering a few more wagons, so it would be nice to know when it is approaching 111.:tumbsup:

That progress counter on the website seems to have left real time and is stuck on 40 (of 111, I presume).:eek:

Considering a few more wagons, so it would be nice to know when it is approaching 111.:tumbsup:

I took that to mean 40% of the process is complete, rather than 40$ of the run is sold.

I also took it to be 333 sets of 3 wagons to be the intended production run.

Hi everyone,

Due to the massive amount of orders we received over the weekend we haven't been able to do the draw for the competition today. Once we get them all sorted and processed tomorrow (hopefully!) we will do the draw and announce it then. Sorry about the wait folks and thanks for your patience :)

Hi everyone,

Due to the massive amount of orders we received over the weekend we haven't been able to do the draw for the competition today. Once we get them all sorted and processed tomorrow (hopefully!) we will do the draw and announce it then. Sorry about the wait folks and thanks for your patience :)

Just work through it - we can wait....

stress-at-work.gif

Quite right, Jim. It does say packs. That's much better.:D

Rtm! 111 will go pretty quickly which was my concern . If it's 333 then yes that would be a percentage of coarse. Phew!

Of course when someone orders 4 packs the percentage should increase by 1%.

The 40% stat is off the production phase (how close to models in hand) and nothing to do with numbers sold (which ironically is just around 40% now :)

40% sales is very good considering wagons only unveiled about two weeks ago. While hopefully the sales figure will reach 100%, is there a figure where a decision is made if its a go or no-go, or are these wagons definitely going ahead regardless of up front sales? Hopefully so, as I personally can't wait to see the cement bubbles in RTR format, but I realise that any future projects are dependent on the success of this project.

On the plus side, I hope to order a second rake in November, so hoping that there are still spare sets available then.

One other question if I may, is will these wagons be released sometime in the future with livery variations (e.g. CIE logo), weathered versions or gypsum versions?

Thanks for your efforts in bringing the project to this stage, and I wish you all every success in this venture.

40% sales is very good considering wagons only unveiled about two weeks ago. While hopefully the sales figure will reach 100%, is there a figure where a decision is made if its a go or no-go, or are these wagons definitely going ahead regardless of up front sales? Hopefully so, as I personally can't wait to see the cement bubbles in RTR format, but I realise that any future projects are dependent on the success of this project.

On the plus side, I hope to order a second rake in November, so hoping that there are still spare sets available then.

One other question if I may, is will these wagons be released sometime in the future with livery variations (e.g. CIE logo), weathered versions or gypsum versions?

Thanks for your efforts in bringing the project to this stage, and I wish you all every success in this venture.

Hi Noel,

Thanks for that and yes we're delighted that we've hit 40% sales in 10 days after launching. It's a fantastic reflection of the community that you were all ready to dig deep and support us. It's fantastic and a great time for the modelling community here.

The Ballast wagons are definitely going ahead. There's no doubt about that. Once they're done and sold we'll move onto the bubble, we've done some work on it already but we're concentrating on getting the ballast as right as possible first. When they sell out we'll get the bubble underway properly and start taking orders. It's easier this way as we are doing it in our spare time and all have day jobs and are still finding our way in this new venture. At the end of the day, we want to get both wagons as accurate as possible so we're taking our time in getting them right. It also helps customers save up and spread the cost over time.

We will most likely do future runs of the hopper in different liveries, markings, running numbers etc in the future depending on sales of this run. Not sure about weathered versions, as they wouldn't get near the standard of people like George Norman, Anthony, Seamus Graham's, Tony Mirolos etc. I personally cant wait to see wagons after those guys slap them with the weathering stick!

Hope that answers everything! :)

Thanks Patrick and Fran.

All sounds very positive.

Hope to acquire 2, or maybe even 3 rakes of these wagons in the first release. 1 rake already ordered.

If the cement bubbles ever get released, I think I will be officially declared bankrupt ;)

Crossed wires... I deleted my post after I saw Fran post his, but you had obviously seen it already! :)

Thanks Patrick and Fran.

All sounds very positive.

Hope to acquire 2, or maybe even 3 rakes of these wagons in the first release. 1 rake already ordered.

If the cement bubbles ever get released, I think I will be officially declared bankrupt ;)

Excellent, we appreciate the support! We'll space out the payments on the bubble too as much as possible to keep the wolves from the door! :)

I ordered mine today, 12 wagons. Looking back through threads in the past regarding rtr freight wagons, the ballast hoppers and bubbles were high on most peoples lists. This is reflected in the choices that IRM Ltd have made. I trust the guys involved in this venture to get it right and will also be supporting the bubble model.

Rich,

I ordered mine today, 12 wagons. Looking back through threads in the past regarding rtr freight wagons, the ballast hoppers and bubbles were high on most peoples lists. This is reflected in the choices that IRM Ltd have made. I trust the guys involved in this venture to get it right and will also be supporting the bubble model.

Rich,

Thanks for the order Rich!