Warbonnet

IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

11 minutes ago, enniscorthyman said:

The MIR bubbles were quite Good,although they had to be built correctly and the chassis square.

I'm very lucky to have four superb orange examples built, painted and weathered by @Georgeconna. They go very nicely with the new IRM ivory bubbles.

DSC_8822.jpg

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 1

Hay Wrennie

I think the gyro is a bit off on that drone:D

Nice old bubbles though.....

Eoin

• Funny 4

Nice to see 112 on duty Eammon lovely shot's of the layout too. This pic at Waterford west is interesting as 112 seems to have had the IE cabside sliding window replaced with silver framed ones. Whats interesting also is that the hand wheel is blue. 

112 Waterford west.jpg

• Like 2

pearl-phelan-irm-1012-set-c-02-sq.thumb.jpg.e631e6bb806e76a85155764c14b13152.jpg

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up; We're 75% sold out of the ivory bubbles already. Thank you to everyone who placed an order with us! We really appreciate it and they have been a great success. It's incredible to think that they only arrived just over a month ago! 

We would recommend that you grab some now before they go completely. We all know what happened with pack A after all. Pack B is not far behind from going completely, with C and D catching up too. 

They ain't hanging around!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RedRich said:

Nice to see 112 on duty Eammon lovely shot's of the layout too. This pic at Waterford west is interesting as 112 seems to have had the IE cabside sliding window replaced with silver framed ones. Whats interesting also is that the hand wheel is blue. 

112 Waterford west.jpg

Nice photo! Could the photo have actually been taken before the silver window frames were replaced with the IE coloured ones? I don't think the IE frames ever came out again after they were fitted.......but I could be wrong.....

26 minutes ago, aclass007 said:

Nice photo! Could the photo have actually been taken before the silver window frames were replaced with the IE coloured ones? I don't think the IE frames ever came out again after they were fitted.......but I could be wrong.....

I reckon you could be right which would mean that the pic was taken in 2004 ?. I was surmising that it could have been 2006. Anyone know what year the nameplate changed to the one with the white and red letters. Still my favorite model of the 071 112 classes.

Rich,

16 minutes ago, flange lubricator said:

Or could the orange window frames be on the other side ?

They IE frames are all the way around.

• Like 1

Any rough idea when you might be able to ship orange Bubbles to customers?  (i.e. is there a possibility they could ship this side of Christmas).

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

(i.e. is there a possibility they could ship this side of Christmas).

Yes.

Irish Railway Models today announces that it will release its highly detailed cement bubble wagon in the iconic CIÉ orange and grey livery in time for Christmas 2017. 
The announcement was made at the beginning of the South Dublin Model Railway Show at Blackrock, Dublin and is the fourth project that Irish Railway Models has announced to date.

Introduced in seven batches between 1964 and 1972, a total of 150 of these two-axle wagons were built by Córas Iompair Éireann (CIÉ) to convey bulk loads of cement from Irish Cement’s plants  at  Drogheda  in  County  Louth, Castlemungret  in  County Limerick and Platin in County Meath to distribution points throughout the CIÉ/Irish Rail and Northern Ireland Railways’ networks. Despite being introduced at different stages, the fleet carried numbers in an unbroken sequence ranging from 25050 to 25199. Affectionately known as ‘bubbles’ due to their distinctive profile, most of the fleet remained in service right up until the cessation of cement traffic by rail in 2009.

All 150 bubbles received the distinctive orange and grey livery in the early 1970s, replacing the earlier slate grey, with the last two batches of bubbles constructed receiving the orange livery from new. It was superseded by the ivory and black livery in the late 1970s, although both liveries could be observed running together into the early 1980s.

The Irish Railway Models release consists of two packs of three bubbles, all with unique running numbers. They are available to order at the show or online for €125.00. A special introductory price of €225 for two packs and €425 for four packs is also available at the show and online for the duration of the 2017 October Bank Holiday exhibition. A colour sample has been received from our factory in China, but is incorrect and will be amended for production. Prices after this weekend will revert to €125.00 per pack.

Delivery is slated for December 2017, with production commencing after the current run of Ivory bubbles is completed.
To order your bubbles, please visit www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

• Informative 2