Patricks Layout

Rate this topic

patrick

A15 leads a Waterford bound goods in 1970. By this time some wagons were appearing in brown and vac braked flats Lancashire flats and containers were being introduced. The A class re-engining  programme had begun but A15 still retains its Crossley engine.

20221018_163107.jpg

20221018_162953.jpg

Edited by patrick
Spelling
  • Like 10
  • WOW! 1

• 3 months later...

165 prepares to leave Glen More with the Cork  Waterford goods after completing its shunting there. This is the same train shown in the last video. The opens were dropped at the loading bank in preperation for the upcoming sugar beet season and three loads of fertilizer from Gouldings in Cork and a load of timber left in the goods yard. Picked up were three loaded cattle wagons for Clover Meats in Waterford, an insulated van from Glen More Co op and an empty bitumen tank both of which will be on the overnight goods to Dublin tonight. 

Conversion to Kadee couplers has made such operations so much more enjoyable. 

20230131_162600.jpg

Edited by patrick
  • Like 15
  • WOW! 1

• 1 month later...

The Virginian and Ohio and Tony Koesters "Allegheny Midland" were inspirations when I took up American outline modelling in N gauge during the 90s though I never had the space to go beyond a folded 8 in the attic of our house in Dublin. 

Hopefully I will get to see the coal hauling railroads that inspired the V&O when we visit friends in the Appalachian  Mountains in June

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In case anybody has problems viewing @patrick's videos, as I do, if you hold your finger on the video on a mobile device, the option to download should appear, and once downloaded, you can then view it.

Not sure why, it only happens sometimes with some videos, where only the audio plays while trying to view via the forum.

Lovely stuff, Patrick!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a few JM Design wagons straight out of the paint shop. Tomorrow I hope to do three more vans and a grain hopper, also from JM Design and hopefully all will receive decals over the weekend. 

The open wagon with the timber load is a white metal kit from SSM and a different prototype than the JM Design model. Does anyone have any information on these?

20230802_215817.jpg

Edited by patrick
  • Like 5
  • WOW! 1

42 minutes ago, patrick said:

Here are a few JM Design wagons straight out of the paint shop. Tomorrow I hope to do three more vans and a grain hopper, also from JM Design and hopefully all will receive decals over the weekend. 

The open wagon with the timber load is a white metal kit from SSM and a different prototype than the JM Design model. Does anyone have any information on these?

20230802_215817.jpg

The oval plate and label clip details are reproduced nicely on the current (Chinese) prints of the open wagons.

The SSM open wagon is a model of the wooden underframed version of the IRCH Open, both the GSWR/GSR and GNR appear to have built both types of these wagons possibly using timber when steel was in short supply, there is a photo in the Inchacore 150 book of wooden underframe wagons under construction for beet traffic during the 1930s.

The wooden underframe wagons appear to have been a favourite for carrying old style BR containers, but the Bachmann Type A container is too big to fit in the SSM wagon

• Informative 2

Thanks John. I'm very pleased with these models and encourage anyone looking for accurate goods stock to run with their A class Crossley diesels to check them out. The solid grey paint scheme makes them a very easy paint job with a spray can. Together with Leslie's Provincial wagon kits it's never been easier to assemble an accurate loose coupled goods train.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...