Patricks Layout

Rate this topic

patrick

Layouts like this allow us to wallow in nostalgia - keep it coming Patrick! I well remember visits to Co Leitrim in the 70s when CIE was just like this. I’ll forget about the lack of piped water, and the smell of SuperSer heaters, and just remember the nice bits like the turf fired range and my granny’s soda bread ! And dashing to catch the Sligo mail with my grandfather’s freshly caught salmon wrapped in reeds and sacking ready for the Dublin fish merchants. His fish used to travel by SLNC but in the 70s a pair of 121s was good enough for me !

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 3

Here are the two passenger consists  currently running on the South Waterford Line made up of Silver Fox, IFM coaches and van's and a single MM Craven. One reason I chose to model a secondary line was the short passenger consists which dont overpower the layout. Future plans are to acquire a few green liveries coaches and a silver tin van in order to run a mid sixties operating session, blame it in the gray MM 121 which was irresistible! Meanwhile if anyone has a few surplus IFM laminates I would be  very interested. 

20210219_225353.jpg

20210219_224628.jpg

20210219_224942.jpg

20210219_224606.jpg

• Like 14
  • WOW! 2

• 3 weeks later...

20210311_101713.jpgWith only a few months before the arrival of the IRM A class it seems an odd time to do some upgrades on a Silver Fox model. 045 has always been a favourite of mine as I was fortunate to have travelled on her on the last Listowel goods train. The staff catchers were fabricated from styrene, the brake pipe from a wound guitar string, a light gauge D string for the guitar players out there and the windscreen wipers from staples. I pleased with the results and just wish I had done this years ago.

Edited by patrick
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, patrick said:

20210311_101713.jpgWith only a few months before the arrival of the IRM A class it seems an odd time to do some upgrades on a Silver Fox model. 045 has always been a favourite of mine as I was fortunate to have travelled on her on the last Listowel goods train. The staff catchers were fabricated from styrene, the brake pipe from a wound guitar string, a light gauge D string for the guitar players out there and the windscreen wipers from staples. I pleased with the results and just wish I had done this years ago.

Better late then never! The IRM A class will be in a different league altogether but we have to commend silverfox for giving us an A class option 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Better late then never! The IRM A class will be in a different league altogether but we have to commend silverfox for giving us an A class option 

Yes its been the only A class any of us have been able to run for the past decade. Looking forward to the IRM A class which should prove an epic development for the hobby.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Yes its been the only A class any of us have been able to run for the past decade. Looking forward to the IRM A class which should prove an epic development for the hobby.

Dont ever forget MTK'S A Class kit, Q Kits one & MIR's white metal & Resin kits
All very acceptable for their time.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Just spent an enjoyable half hour flicking through posts right from the start. Really interesting to see how the layout has developed. There's a lot to be said for American layout design features if you have the space, while many exhibition layouts are not presented this well either.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I have been busy the last few months with my first acting role with a local community theater during which time the layout was ignored. The show went very well im glad to report and now that it's done the layout is receiving attention again. Here we see a Waterfor bound goods passing Keilys Cross

20210909_113859.jpg

20210909_113448.jpg

• Like 5