Inchicore Works 175 Year Anniversary

Rate this topic

Barl

• 3 months later...
On 23/12/2021 at 6:44 PM, K801 said:

I thought the ITG , RPSI etc. had to remove all their stuff a few years back as some of Inchicore was going to be sold off for land development?

There was indeed talk about that, but the 2007/8 recession put paid to the redevelopment that had been considered. By this stage the ITG were making their own arrangements to move, hence some stuff stored at Moyasta now. The RPSI's heritage set is quietly decomposing there still, albeit following a sojourn in the old valeting plant at Heuston a few years ago.

54 minutes ago, RobertRoche said:

There are still a few slots available.

Thank god! I’ve never been to the place so it’s a nice opertunity 

I wonder however how many will actually show up….something tells me if you turn up on the day without a ticket they’ll fit you in…..free tickets always have that disadvantage 

1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

Never been myself - I tried to go years ago to one, but missed the tour start time as I couldn't find the entrance to the Works in time!

I believe that, I was volunteering there about two years before I realised that there was a shortcut from Sarsfield Road by staying on the bus one stop longer...