eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

10 hours ago, mmie353 said:

I know that I also would like these, at that price... nope.. Still keeping an eye out if I can get it at a reasonable price that Bachmann Irish Railway train set... Did anyone fit a DCC decoder in any of them? Is there enough room for a sound decoder? 

I know a man that has some......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mmie353 said:

I know that I also would like these, at that price... nope.. Still keeping an eye out if I can get it at a reasonable price that Bachmann Irish Railway train set... Did anyone fit a DCC decoder in any of them? Is there enough room for a sound decoder? 

Yes. Used a Lenz silver+ it fits in the tender. There’s enough space in there for a sugar cube speaker alright, but those N class were not the most smooth low speed runners. 

• Like 2

On 27/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, mmie353 said:

Since you are located in the US this may be of interest to you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BACHMANN-HO-IRISH-RAILWAY-EZ-TRACK-00651/324532973482

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Struggling to see how many coaches there were for sale. Looked like three plus the DVT.

Not a bad price considering the price that the SIlver Fox Mk3's and DVT's retail at - and they don't seem to be planning any more batches of DVT's at the moment.

The MM ones could be a couple of years away, yet, as that was a huge announcement by MM, surely several years worth of stuff.

How are coaches that were for sale RRP in Ireland one year ago for €58, now worth €150 now? They are not even in the much sought after IR/IE Livery! Cant tell if this was from the release batches in ST livery with the QC paint issues or from the later corrected batches. Anyway MM have new IR/IE (ie with the tippex white stripes) in the pipeline planned for release later this year or early next year. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murphy-Models-MM5214-Mk2D-Standard-Coach-5214-CIE-Orange-Black-Irish-Railways/353413187009?hash=item52491145c1:g:lU8AAOSwvPpgT42N

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

Lima set of galway livery mk2s and mm genny van in galway livery up on ebay for any interested. Sorry no links as i seen them through the app

Had a look. I'd love a Galway set like that, but it's almost twice the price it should be, so not this time.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lima-Mk-2-Intercity-Galway-Livery-Murphy-models/294095121928?hash=item44796f6e08:g:02MAAOSwv-NgZF3c

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Murphy-models-Mk2-Galway-Livery-Generator-Van/294095129628?hash=item44796f8c1c:g:IBgAAOSwgrZgZF8o

9 hours ago, Noel said:

How are coaches that were for sale RRP in Ireland one year ago for €58, now worth €150 now? They are not even in the much sought after IR/IE Livery! Cant tell if this was from the release batches in ST livery with the QC paint issues or from the later corrected batches. Anyway MM have new IR/IE (ie with the tippex white stripes) in the pipeline planned for release later this year or early next year. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murphy-Models-MM5214-Mk2D-Standard-Coach-5214-CIE-Orange-Black-Irish-Railways/353413187009?hash=item52491145c1:g:lU8AAOSwvPpgT42N

Pretty sure that odd running numbers were the batch with paint issues, and even running numbers were the corrected batch.

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, Dempsey said:

Lima set of galway livery mk2s and mm genny van in galway livery up on ebay for any interested. Sorry no links as i seen them through the app

At that price EGV coach could make a good donor for resprayed into IE/IR Tippex livery that is much sought after. That's how I got my first EGV some years ago when the IE/IR Tippex ones were as rare as gold dust

I really can't see them commanding such a price once the reruns come to market unless you were after mint in box examples. But to each there own. 

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

At that price EGV coach could make a good donor for resprayed into IE/IR Tippex livery that is much sought after. That's how I got my first EGV some years ago when the IE/IR Tippex ones were as rare as gold dust

I'm sure there are some crying foul at such an action haha

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

DJ
First Issue Supertrain coaches (March '15)
5101  1st Class
5151  Composite
5201  Standard
5215  Standard
5223  Standard
5403  Diner
5604  EGV
5608  EGV

Second Issue (July '18}

5102  Ist Class
5152  Composite
5202  Standard
5214  Standard
5224  Standard
5402  Diner
5408  Diner
5605  EGV

They can also be differentiated by the labelling on the box's
Original ones have a smaller type face than the later ones.

954680111_5604STEGV.thumb.JPG.6868850349f1c31cff389c4954c69f7d.JPG

2076365629_5605STEGV.thumb.JPG.68d46a0ad7f60c3d1da94ec2065b3f31.JPG

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

3 hours ago, Noel said:

No point if we have MM IR livery Mk2D's on the way. Better keeping it as is. That Galway livery is gorgeous and looks even better on the model than it did in real life.

46 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

No point if we have MM IR livery Mk2D's on the way. Better keeping it as is. That Galway livery is gorgeous and looks even better on the model than it did in real life.

Sure. Unfortunately that wasn’t an option some years ago and was the only way I could source an EGV for €60 in this livery.

IMG_5397.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah it looks great. Noel, did you respray the whole thing or just add the white lines and weather it? 

In real life it looks like they often added the lining and left the coach in service for years sometimes. There are lots of photos of rakes where the odd coach is obviously just ST golden brown with white lines rather than orange.

• Like 3

A full respray isn't necessarily needed. This EGV was from the original "bad" batch of Supertrain Mk2d's. I just resprayed the roof and both ends black, then added the white lining which was a decal. Quick and easy job, although the weathering took a little longer.  

20210402_074712.thumb.jpg.cf6c693fd589bca40a928c940c91c5ea.jpg

20210402_074722.thumb.jpg.08f4cb8af016f13027f6ae3d76556bb9.jpg

Edited by JasonB
  • Like 6
  • WOW! 1

50 minutes ago, JasonB said:

A full respray isn't necessarily needed. This EGV was from the original "bad" batch of Supertrain Mk2d's. I just resprayed the roof and both ends black, then added the white lining which was a decal. Quick and easy job, although the weathering took a little longer.  

20210402_074712.thumb.jpg.cf6c693fd589bca40a928c940c91c5ea.jpg

20210402_074722.thumb.jpg.08f4cb8af016f13027f6ae3d76556bb9.jpg

Awesome!

Did you set it on fire briefly for added effect?

😆

4 hours ago, murphaph said:

Yeah it looks great. Noel, did you respray the whole thing or just add the white lines and weather it? 

In real life it looks like they often added the lining and left the coach in service for years sometimes. There are lots of photos of rakes where the odd coach is obviously just ST golden brown with white lines rather than orange.

This one was done by Seamus Graham using a galway donor. It had to be stripped down and whole thing had to be resprayed after a rub down and being primed all over. The Galway livery is not convertible. Personally I prefer masking and painting the white stripes (usually reverse masking but not always) as I just cannot get whitehat stripe transfers to go on as straight and precise as painted ones, and my OCD cannot tolerate anything off square or not laser dead straight. Wavey lines and any kinks that appear in my trackwork drive me crazy and are sent for execution immediately. :) :)   Orange roofed mk2d's in IE/IR tipped livery used to be much sought after about 6 years ago, like gold dust, but now the Supertrain livery EGVs would make a better and quicker donor as he white stripes could easily be added either by painting or transfers in the hands of somebody with the experience to make them absolutely 100% dead straight.

MK2D_EVG2.jpg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Noel said:

This one was done by Seamus Graham using a galway donor. It had to be stripped down and whole thing had to be resprayed after a rub down and being primed all over. The Galway livery is not convertible. Personally I prefer masking and painting the white stripes (usually reverse masking but not always) as I just cannot get whitehat stripe transfers to go on as straight and precise as painted ones, and my OCD cannot tolerate anything off square or not laser dead straight. Wavey lines and any kinks that appear in my trackwork drive me crazy and are sent for execution immediately. :) :)   Orange roofed mk2d's in IE/IR tipped livery used to be much sought after about 6 years ago, like gold dust, but now the Supertrain livery EGVs would make a better and quicker donor as he white stripes could easily be added either by painting or transfers in the hands of somebody with the experience to make them absolutely 100% dead straight.

MK2D_EVG2.jpg

Great to see ao much modern stock on your layout! IE era everywhere, current era Mk4 resprays, an ever-increasing grey 071 fleet.

I'll bet you have about ten yellow weedspray trains that you only run when the cameras are off.

• Funny 3

7 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Great to see ao much modern stock on your layout! IE era everywhere, current era Mk4 resprays, an ever-increasing grey 071 fleet.

I'll bet you have about ten yellow weedspray trains that you only run when the cameras are off.

Wash your mouth out! :) I'd sooner admit to coming from Cork rather than run yellow stuff! :) I had to wear full PPE gear when doing your weed van last November for fear I'd catch yellow fever from it. :) :) 

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RobertRoche said:

I saw those two this morning. Not as terribly priced as some! But, the bidding will inflate the prices to silly levels.

Just now, Dempsey said:

Yeah and they're quickly approaching my budget. 

You'd be better off spending your cash on a few extra A's or 121's, then swapping them for what you want in a year or two, when they themselves go for extortionate prices.

You'll save €€€€€ if you're prepared to do it that way and wait.

• Thanks 1

I just don't have the same nostalgia towards them as many on here. While i have a 121 and it is a extremely detailed model and have an A class on order the 071 is for me what those youve mentioned are to others. I dont want to buy locomotives I'll get no nostalgic feeling out of and take away from the pool of those that do on a chance that someone might trade

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

I just don't have the same nostalgia towards them as many on here. While i have a 121 and it is a extremely detailed model and have an A class on order the 071 is for me what those youve mentioned are to others. I dont want to buy locomotives I'll get no nostalgic feeling out of and take away from the pool of those that do on a chance that someone might trade

I guess it's a bit of a gamble, but since the €25 IRM Local Link buses are already for sale at €65, with no honesty regarding paintwork finish, Irish stuff being in demand is a surety for the next few years at least.

Even Hattons are now gouging, with second-hand SuperTrain Mk2D's priced at £65 STG each... And selling out in a few hours at that price.

2021-05-07 12.07.47.png

Edited by DJ Dangerous