eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Dropped the seller ( bargaininstruments2010) a line

Explaining like that his prices were a bit rich

God love him but he sent me back a link to the 2 gostude items that have been listed for the last 18 months or so

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BACHMANN-00651-IRISH-RAILWAY-CIE-2-6-0-CLASS-K1-LOCO-COACH-TRAIN-SET-MIB-nc-/331422622502?hash=item4d2a53e326

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LIMA-205159-IE-CIE-IRISH-RAILWAYS-CLASS-201-LOCO-216-RIVER-DODDER-MINT-BOXED-nc-/331422674305?hash=item4d2a54ad81

Then I sent him this link to show a more realistic price for some of his bits

Waiting patiently for a reply....................

http://www.adverts.ie/toy-cars-trains-boats-planes/irish-railway-items-for-sale/642085

Fran

The forum is turning into a very sterile environment

Pat has turned into a headmaster like creature and you have been waving the old cane around yourself

Dont turn it into another politically correct gig, give the troops some rope and lets have some fun for a change

Lot more fun to be had on the Irish Water site....

Fran The forum is turning into a very sterile environment Pat has turned into a headmaster like creature and you have been waving the old cane around yourself Dont turn it into another politically correct gig' date=' give the troops some rope and lets have some fun for a change Lot more fun to be had on the Irish Water site....[/quote']

Rules are rules dave. We aren't doing the handbags and drama queens anymore. Pat and I are the ones who have to deal with the complaints over forum poster behaviour and invariably end up the bad guys. It's for the enjoyment and idea exchanges around railway modelling. Simple as.

Guys lets chill and give the mods a breather - its time consuming, difficult at times, a thankless role and difficult to get the balance right and please everybody. I'm sure they as much as anybody like banter and good humoured 'craic' on this form, so as long is its harmless, never gets personal and doesn't cross certain lines or break the obvious rules.

I've seen week moderation destroy other vibrant forums leading to a minority gradually running amok and ruining it for everybody, and other forums where the moderation was over zealous and killed off the traffic. Personally I find the moderation policy here a good balance and the tone and good humour on here a pleasant relief.