eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Yes, I own it now.

Another 21mm gauge challenge.

To balance out the greedy sellers, this guy has a couple of 071's at a good price..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murphy-Models-CIE-Irish-Rail-Larnrod-Eireann-Class-071-111-Unused-/181957834669?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Another one to have a go at.

Edited by Horsetan

....Fancy losing about a grand by torching those boxes?? =))

Unfortunately, you need the boxes for things like that.

Coaches like that are so expensive, you'd be afraid to run them....and certainly not at a show where you'd be paranoid they'd get stolen.

Mind, though, Golden Age coaches are cheap (and not very well-detailed) compared to the ones made by this fella

Edited by Horsetan

Loads.

At least 400 quid a coach. But yer man puts everything into it - working gangways, curtains, carpeting.....the works.

and a nice kitbuilt loco to pull them I expect, much like the golden age stuff. Cheaper RTR steam locos wont have the pulling power for kit built coaches I'd imagine.

Unfortunately, you need the boxes for things like that.

Coaches like that are so expensive, you'd be afraid to run them....and certainly not at a show where you'd be paranoid they'd get stolen.

Mind, though, Golden Age coaches are cheap (and not very well-detailed) compared to the ones made by this fella

I'm loving that buffet detail.

Collectors. It's a hobby...

Is*that a correction Mr. Garfield ! if I have broken a rule then please do explain, I beleive*I was mearly*expressing my democratically,*legally held opinion, something I thought I was legally entitled to express even on this web site, but then I could be mistaken !*apologies for going off tread, so back to the Hoarders. !!

Is*that a correction Mr. Garfield ! if I have broken a rule then please do explain, I beleive*I was mearly*expressing my democratically,*legally held opinion, something I thought I was legally entitled to express even on this web site, but then I could be mistaken !*apologies for going off tread, so back to the Hoarders. !!

It's not a correction... it's my opinion, legally held. Anyway, are you not in that category? :)

He was offering his opinion too. What's with the overreaction? Legalities indeed. Going on like that wont do much to your blood pressure.

Several stands with stuff like these at the Reading Trade Show two weeks ago. They are even better 'in the flesh' as it were. Loveless, Masterpiece too & just as good, but each the price of a fairly decent second hand car. A full train would cost as much as a decent new one... Judging by the number of folk interested, there are those out there with pockets that deep, while one or two even have suitable layouts to run them on too.

Maybe when I win the lottery, I'll buy a few, but need to buy a ticket first!

Several stands with stuff like these at the Reading Trade Show two weeks ago. They are even better 'in the flesh' as it were. Loveless, Masterpiece too & just as good, but each the price of a fairly decent second hand car. A full train would cost as much as a decent new one...

A brand-new Dacia will cost ye less than a 4mm scale engine built by Stella Artois.

If he had a 70's CIE buffet, maybe. With the little jam pots with the cie logo on them. Always thought those were so cool, but then I was 7...

He'll build one for ye. All he needs is the info from ye.....and some money.

Pure Gold... :)

Kerrygold.

Edited by Horsetan

I had a go at the second one, but forgot about it.

• 4 weeks later...