Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

http://modelshopbelfast.com/index.php/kibri-fully-functioning-plasser-theurer-ho.html

335 sterling[ATTACH=CONFIG]4128[/ATTACH] i may start saving...

By way of an alternative:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/Viessmann/21-4-010002-83669-0-0-0-6-11-2-0-gatt-gb-p-0/produkt.html

They charge 9.50eur within the EU, I've used them in the past for the odd bit of stock.

Still pricey though!

-Rob

Hi BosKonay,

Envious to see that you had one of the Viessmann Working Ballast Tampers, one of these is on the list as a Chrtistmas present to myself (and, who, I ask myself, deserves it more !:cheers:

I just wanted to ask you what model # you have ? Is it a # 26091? and did you have any problems with the DCC ?

I'm looking for the best price, naturally. The German mob with a # 26091 at Euro 323 looks good, especially as I should be able to knock off up to 20% VAT, being outside the EU. So could be as low as Euro 260 which is about $A322 + postage. I've got an e-mail enquiry in with them.

However, the description given by Reynaulds in the USA worries me a bit :

# 26091 Track renewal train for ballast renewal from Plasser & Theurer.With drive unit, LED-flashlights and equipped with a decoder suitable for DCC, Motorola and RailCom. Length with buffer 265mm.Standard coupling shaft.Functional model for two rail systems. US price from Reynaulds is $US341 about $340 in Aussie dollars + postage.

The bit about the decoder worries me, will it work OK on NMRA compliant systems, I wonder.

Reynaulds also have the # 26093 same except the description says : This incredible new item can run on any 2-Rail DCC layout and it can be controlled by any DCC system.Spending that sort of money, I want to make sure I get one that works OK for me.

Thanx, Mate

Some small layout updates today.

The third freight yard siding was finally ballasted in, as was the next Terminus road.

All the magnets for uncoupling on the roads, and the engine run-round for the terminus central platforms have been fitted and tested. Some of the wagons will need the kadee height 'tweaked' a little - its amazing the variation of height of the NEM sockets!

Also, a rake of Tara Mines wagons have materialised courtesy of http://www.irishfreightmodels.com - stunners too :)

I also painted and fitted the steps over the service pits and started a small path to allow access for the staff :)

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

Not necessarily - it can also reflect which is the most used, and how a station may have been modified over the years - i.e., Stafford now has no platform two.

This is Ballybrophy.

FFKBU.jpg

1 &2 for the main line, 3 for Nenagh and 4 for once in a blue moon..

In general, you are right, though.

Hmmm, it's amazing the variety in the prototype - you can almost get away with anything in the model world :)

Cheers Broithe - very helpful! (great photo too!)

In other news, here's a sketch of the cement ' freight terminal / possible docks, not sure yet, board :)

This board is in the middle left of the layout, the near side of Stairwell Bridge and the mainline heads left to the viaduct...

Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 09.49.06.jpg

Quick question - are platforms normally numbered in a particular 'direction'

ie: If I was standing in the terminus, facing the throat, would the platforms be 1,2,3,4,5 from left to right? (I assume so, but you can never be sure :) )

Connolly platforms are ordered from 1-7, right to left :)

Cheers 201 - thats the way I have mine at the moment, so it's Platforms 1,2,centre road, 3, 4 and 5 from front of layout to the back wall!

Although in a reveral from Connolly, Platforms 4 and 5 in Amiens Street will serve the Enterprise, 2 and 3 will handle push pull and mk3 stock / locos and Platform 1 is for DMUs :)

In other news, some more ballast (yay!)

IMG_4216.jpg

And some slightly better closeups of Taras from irishFreightModels and flats from HIddenAgenda :)

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

Cheers 201 - thats the way I have mine at the moment, so it's Platforms 1,2,centre road, 3, 4 and 5 from front of layout to the back wall!

Although in a reveral from Connolly, Platforms 4 and 5 in Amiens Street will serve the Enterprise, 2 and 3 will handle push pull and mk3 stock / locos and Platform 1 is for DMUs :)

In other news, some more ballast (yay!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4184[/ATTACH]

And some slightly better closeups of Taras from irishFreightModels and flats from HIddenAgenda :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4185[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4186[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4187[/ATTACH]

This is looking fantastic! Two rakes of DDs both with 201s at the head will look brilliant! You'd better watch your timetabling if the freight trains are going to have to reverse in to platform 5, passengers won't be impressed if the enterprise is delayed! ;) Those Taras and Container Flats are stunning looking.