New Enterprise Livery

Rate this topic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
The Enterprise DVT cabs were spec'ed to resemble the front profile of a 201 as close as possible so that's what they got.

This doesn't seem close

_86698071_14422f72-5ab8-425d-91d0-85b185557a8a.jpg

To this profile

maxresdefault.jpg

The front of the DVT looks like a cardboard box a child brought home as a prop from a school play :)

I like both liveries and coaches.

Is it the European styling that upsets?

I like both also.

My only gripe is the shape of the face end of the DD DVT looks like it was made by a child out of cardboard, ugly is insufficient to describe the duplo-brick look, but otherwise the DDs and Mk4s are fine looking coaches. I like the new enterprise livery but the forward end looks a little plain and could do with some small colour element added to the overall grey. IMHO its the front end that should look the most striking and eye catching from a marketing perspective as it enters a station passing folk looking on. The 22000s aren't bad lookers either despite my total lack of interest in model ICRs and DMUs, but as a passenger they look well on the outside.

Another loco out shopped in the new Enterprise livery is 227-seen here working the up lWT liner passing Islandbridge Jctn.

[ATTACH]22197[/ATTACH]

It looks so much better running in the direction. The curves look like the wind blowing the mane of a wild beast, or a cheetah, conveying power and speed. I know it doesn't match up that way around with the DD coaches, but does it not look more impressive running in that direction?

Wasn't the DVT to match the body and curve of the coaches while the cab was to match the cab front of a 201 class. The front windows, grab handles, position of lights, cutouts below the marker lights all capture the front of a 201 to me. The cabside windows even match a 201. It is a fine looking train and the new livery is growing on me.

Rich,

I love the whole design of the De Dietrich's, and ya the cab is designed to reflect the cab of a 201

I think the new livery is stunning!

It is a very unique livery on the irish network and will catch passengers eyes, which was intended, the interior also has improved greatly imo, even though the last DD interior was very comfortable, The whole refurbishment project was a great success too, apart from the door failures, but I think (hope)NIR have sorted that out now

Will IE respray 231 into the new livery, is it still an enterprise loco?

And also will the enterprise locomotives be getting the new Enterprise logo or not?

Some were saying that 227 would not be part of the Enterprise fleet anymore but it emerged from Inchicore in December all painted up. 233 is due aswell. 231 was a late addition to the Enterprise fleet in 2010, there is some doubt will it still be an Enterprise loco. I reckon it will after the economic loss of 230.

It's more than just a respray the locos are getting, they are getting a full overhaul with new systems for the DD stock and more comfortable cabs for the drivers, new seats etc.

It is odd that none of the locos in the new livery have any branding logos on them at all yet. 209 has escaped Inchicore twice without getting it's EVN applied.

Edited by Railer

Some were saying that 227 would not be part of the Enterprise fleet anymore but it emerged from Inchicore in December all painted up. 233 is due aswell. 231 was a late addition to the Enterprise fleet in 2010, there is some doubt will it still be an Enterprise loco. I reckon it will after the economic loss of 230.

It's more than just a respray the locos are getting, they are getting a full overhaul with new systems for the DD stock and more comfortable cabs for the drivers, new seats etc.

It is odd that none of the locos in the new livery have any branding logos on them at all yet. 209 has escaped Inchicore twice without getting it's EVN applied.

I know they get body overhauls abd new systems but I just said respray because I was in a hurry:)

I thought the locos were resprayed and had body overhauls at inchicore but had to go the York Road to be modified with system to haul the De Dietrich's,

Or is all of this done in inchicore?

This might happen to 231 but I doubt it, but its a possibility

If 231 is overhauled it will be repainted as part of it involves replacing body work panels as the 201s are starting to suffer from corrosion around the cab side windows and the no2 cooling end fan grills at the roof level. 232 already has two replacement panels there, they are easy to see as they are not painted.

All the IC livery 201s are getting panels replaced as needed, and IE have put the job of fabricating new panels out to tender.

215, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 226, 229, 232, & 234 are all in Mark IV livery

206, 207, 208, 209, 227, 228 & 233 are all in Enterprise liveries

231 is currently in Mark IV colours but due to be converted to the new livery down the line.

Enterprise Locos can be used on Mark IV's but all the 'Intercity' Locos bar 231 can't be used up north as they don't have AWS or the radio equipment used by Translink

Edited by rebelred