Murphy Models Locos.

Rate this topic

Paudie Riordan

Paudie, bottom line as far as I know it's what people are willing to pay, one thing I know is items for sale on here are usually sold as "used" or 2nd hand, even though they may not have ever been run ! I'm sure someone will come on here soon & explain in proper terms what happens, I have bought items on here & have at all times got great value, with no issues of any kind, so all the best,

Hi Everyone.

What's the going rate on here for MM Locos with DCC chip fitted? Might be offloading some in the next couple of weeks if I can get the right price on them.

Thanks

Paudie

Depends on which loco it is, what kind of chip is in it, condition, all detail parts included, is it boxed etc. Maybe list what you have and someone could give you a guide price or look at what similar fetch on EBay.

These are mint in the box with all the bits! Some of them have only been test run. Some have only come out of the box to get the chip put in. Jim in Marks put all the chips in for me (I think 21pin?) so these are in super condition . some weathered some clean. I will put a list up and maybe ye can advise. Thanks for the help so far.

hi Paudie. Could I get one of the 201s (if they are Bachmann murphy not lima) ? let me know what you have.

Are the 201s built by Bachmann? I had mistakenly thought MM had another manufacturer build them.

PS: Personally I find the motor/drive and chassis on the 141/181 quieter and slightly better runners. They seem just a slight shade up in engineering quality compared to the 071 and 201 chassis which are excellent anyway, but the 141/181 chassis is stunning perfection.

Are the 201s built by Bachmann? I had mistakenly thought MM had another manufacturer build them.

PS: Personally I find the motor/drive and chassis on the 141/181 quieter and slightly better runners. They seem just a slight shade up in engineering quality compared to the 071 and 201 chassis which are excellent anyway, but the 141/181 chassis is stunning perfection.

The 201's are MM and not Bachmann Noel. I can't understand where this idea that the 201's are in some way related to Bachmann has come from. It's been discussed here enough times that were weren't. What I will say is that the I reckon the 201's and MK11 aircons were manufactured in the another factory, and the 141-181, Cravens, 071's were manufactured by Sanda Kan. Sanda Kan is owned by Kader Holdings which owns Bachmann and Farish. Still doesn't mean that Bachmann had any involvement in the Craven's and O71's even though they were involved in the 141-181 classes.

I remember Dennis Lovett of Bachmann addressing the very subject himself in the past to quash the rumors.

Rich,

Edited by RedRich

The 201's are MM and not Bachmann Noel. I can't understand where this idea that the 201's are in some way related to Bachmann has come from. It's been discussed here enough times that were weren't. What I will say is that the I reckon the 201's and MK11 aircons were manufactured in the another factory, and the 141-181, Cravens, 071's were manufactured by Sanda Kan. Sanda Kan is owned by Kader Holdings which owns Bachmann and Farish. Still doesn't mean that Bachmann had any involvement in the Craven's and O71's even though they were involved in the 141-181 classes.

I remember Simon Kohler of Bachmann addressing the very subject himself in the past to quash the rumors.

Rich,

Thanks, that makes sense.

Here we go.

MM CLASS 141 CIE BLACK/ORANGE 161SA(WEATHERED BY GEORGE NORMAN) ONE HORN MISSING. BOXED NON DCC 105 EURO

MM0190 CLASS 181 CIE BLACK ORANGE 1905/A FACTORY WEATHERED BOXED MINT ALL THE BITS - NON DCC 105 EURO

MM1042 CLASS 141 CIE BLACK ORANGE 142 NON DCC ONE HORN MISSING BOXED 105 EURO

MM0183 CLASS 181 IR ORANGE 183 FACTORY WEATHERED ALL THE BITS BOXED NON DCC 105 EURO--sold pending payment

MM0141CLASS 141 CIE BLACK B141 DCC BOXED ALL THE BITS - 120 EURO

MM0177 CLASS 141 IE ORANGE 171 WEATHERED DCC BOXED - 120 EURO -- sold pending payment

MM0188 CLASS 181 CIE BLACK B188 BOXED ALL THE BITS DCC - 120 EURO

MM IRISH RAIL CLASS 141 CIE BLACK B141 PRESERVED DCC BOXED ALL THE BITS - 120 EURO

2 X LIMA CLASS 201 216 NON DCC BOXED - 60 EURO EACH-- 1 sold pending payment

LIMA CLASS 207 RIVER BOYNE NON DCC BOXED - 60 EURO EACH

CLASS 071CIE SUPERTRAIN 085 NON DCC WEATHERED BY GEORGE NORMAN COMPLETE BOXED ALL THE BITS - 155

CLASS 201 NO 220 ORIGINAL LIVERY NON DCC RIVER BLACKWATER BOXED ALL THE BITS - 135

CLASS201 NO 222 INTERCITY RIVER DARGLE WEATHERED BY GEORGE NORMAN BOXED ALL THE BITS - 135-----sold pending payment

CLASS 201 NO 8208 NEW ENTERPRISE RIVER LAGAN WEATHERED BY GEORGE NORMAN BOXED ALL THE BITS - 135

All of these have never really been run only on test track. All the 141/181s are mint except were stated otherwise. The 201s are all mint. The lima 216's are obviously old but have been recently serviced by George norman and the run well.

If anyone is interested PM me for more details and pics.

cheers

Paudie

Edited by Paudie Riordan

CLASS 071CIE SUPERTRAIN 085 NON DCC WEATHERED BY GEORGE NORMAN COMPLETE BOXED ALL THE BITS - 155

Is this loco renumbered, or is it actually 086?

New MM 071 Class Locos

MM0085 is an 071 class in IE livery (factory weathered)

MM0086 is in Supertrain livery (unweathered), …..which could be weathered to 086 Supertrain or renumbered and weathered to Supertrain 085

I think the 085 is a typo for 086 unless the loco has been renumbered and weathered, or else it is 085 but in IE (not supertrain) livery

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

All of the Locos are now sold bar the B141 Black that is on Hold for Dive Controller. Thanks to everyone that purchased.Hope everyone is happy. Next up is my collection of Irish Carraiges. MK2's . Galways, Blue/Grey Intercitys and The Red Executives. Also have the Irish Station and the Engine Shed some skaledale resin farm buildings garages etc. Lots of English private owner wagons.(not sure if they would be of interest)

Will post these up over the xmas.

Enjoy the break everyone. I hope santa is good to you all.

Merry Xmas .

Paudie