Photographic Website Updates

Rate this topic

Good evening folks,

Here is my pictures from Sunday's Emerald Isle Explorer which traveled from Cork to Sligo via Connolly. RPSI's No. 4 was used from Mallow to Connolly. The leg from Cork to Mallow used the Cork Thunderbird 221, while 071 class 078 was used for the Connolly to Sligo leg. The loco and carriages then went empty to Longford to stable. This will be the last update from me on the Emerald Isle Explorer, I must say it was a wonderful few days and all the operations generally ran within a few minutes of time. The most late running we had was about 25 minutes on the Mallow - Connolly leg today.

Click http://smu.gs/23kkyCR to view.

DSC_4859-M.jpg

DSC_4867-M.jpg

DSC_4992-M.jpg

Evening folks,

A collection of general pictures from last Thursday to Monday while out and about for the Emerald Isle Explorer.

- Connolly

- Recent track alterations at Grand Canal Dock.

- Rosslare Europort.

- Enniscorthy

- Portarlington

- Limerick

- Charleville

- Cork

- Killarney

- Mallow

- Lisduff

- Laois Train Care

- Portlaoise

- Connolly

- Dromod

- Longford

Click http://smu.gs/28M5nNp to view.

DSC_3976-M.jpg

DSC_4348-M.jpg

DSC_4507-M.jpg

DSC_4890-M.jpg

DSC_5069-M.jpg

Evening all,

A few shots from today at Stradbally, where we were operating for 2 groups as a private charter. Both groups seemed happy. As there was a considerable time between the two groups, some more work was undertaken on the stored stock and as a result ESB Number 4 'Ellie' moved a considerable distance with rolling wheels, the first time the wheels have fully rotated since 1994. Click on on any of the photos below to view them full size

27543227840_74666d4fcf_z.jpg

27209431424_3fb807cfc7_z.jpg

27543469200_b9c8e27dfb_z.jpg

27543625750_89abcf9d41_z.jpg

Album link -

Regards,

Kieran

Photos from yesterday and today have now been uploaded to the June gallery.

Wednesday 22nd June 2016:

A trip to Killenard in the late afternoon to photo 215 working the 1140 Ballina - North Wall IWT Liner plus various passenger train services.

Thursday 23rd June 2016:

Just before lunch time I got a tip off that 216 was being scrambled from Inchicore to Kildare to replace 088 which was having trouble on the 1130 Waterford - Westport Timber. A last minute trip to Kildare ensured to see 216 arrive and be shunted onto the timber train. It left 30 minutes late at 1445 for Portarlington and onwards to Westport.

Click http://smu.gs/290hWF1 to view.

DSC_5191-M.jpg

Wait to the finished product! In 5 years time people will say do you have any pictures of 216 in green?

Like the NIR 201s in blue,there aren't too many photos of them around. Can't wait to see 216 finished and whatever other 201 gets allocated to Belmond. 225:praying:

Evening all,

A double update from me tonight

Shots from Thursday at Portarlington from an attempt to see 216 (see The Wanderer's post above). I managed to miss it by 5 minutes due to poor traffic around Portlaoise town. At least there was 3 071's in at the time ;)

27623186480_e32dca9ef5_z.jpg

27623251890_f433719d01_z.jpg

Album link -

----

And shots from Saturday. Due to the replacement of points MW579 just north of Mallow station, Cork line services were terminating at Charleville, with the result of crossing at Portlaoise. To make things more interesting, both of the Enterprise spare Raccoons were out and about, and luckily managed to cross at Portlaoise during the day

27800427672_8e7ae98173_z.jpg

27901878145_67756da944_z.jpg

27289276153_b640294e43_z.jpg

27289646334_18426222cc_z.jpg

Album link -

Regards,

Kieran

Nothing's been the same since black'n'tan, in my humble opinion. We've had some utterly ghastly ones, as bad as weekly liveries across the pond on the Great East & Northern west wales pennine train company.

Lime green and navy, insipid shades of green and grey..... Drogheda green giant, and the nondescript half-painted selection of 201s which have been bumbling about. I never liked the yellow ended silk and black of the 071s either - in fact, for me, the one and only live I've liked at all since 1990 is the new Enterprise version. (It's Enterprise predecessors were duller than a wet February Tuesday morning in Dundalk....)

Nothing's been the same since black'n'tan, in my humble opinion. We've had some utterly ghastly ones, as bad as weekly liveries across the pond on the Great East & Northern west wales pennine train company.

Lime green and navy, insipid shades of green and grey..... Drogheda green giant, and the nondescript half-painted selection of 201s which have been bumbling about. I never liked the yellow ended silk and black of the 071s either - in fact, for me, the one and only live I've liked at all since 1990 is the new Enterprise version. (It's Enterprise predecessors were duller than a wet February Tuesday morning in Dundalk....)

It just looks so shabby and unprofessional to mix and match incompatible loco and coach liveries, never mind the black and grey is duller looking than grey waste from a dishwasher.

It just looks so shabby and unprofessional to mix and match incompatible loco and coach liveries' date=' never mind the black and grey is duller looking than grey waste from a dishwasher.[/quote']

While enthusiasts may see it as an eyesore and unprofessional, I sincerely doubt that most commuters even notice. Im probably in the minority but I think it looks nice and clean. In fact it would be nice if they kept them clean - that to me speaks more of unprofessionalism... Of course this livery doesn't have any brand/corporate identity - but in a monopoly business it's unlikely to matter!

I presume these locos are out on test after being overhauled, some after a period of time laying about idle?

The project to extend freight train lengths continued on Monday 27th June when a 27 bogie (54 TEU's) liner wagon trial operated from North Wall to Ballina. NI Railways Locomotive (8)209 was allocated to the Liner and it departed from North Wall ontime at 2045.

I photographed the train at Stacumny Bridge on the Dublin / Kildare border and also at Monasterevin Station. Click The project to extend freight train lengths continued on Monday 27th June when a 27 bogie (54 TEU's) liner wagon trial operated from North Wall to Ballina. NI Railways Locomotive (8)209 was allocated to the Liner and it departed from North Wall ontime at 2045. The trial train is pictured passing Stacumny Bridge at 2136 heading West.  Mon 27.06.16 to see the pictures and videos of the freight train trial.

I must say it was a very impressive sight and hopefully will become a common feature on the Irish Railway Network.

DSC_5530-M.jpg

Morning all,

A few shots from yesterday's double excitement

In the afternoon there was 216 in the unfinished Belomnd livery (the green is an undercoat to protect the bodywork whilst trials are going on). Having missed it by 5 minutes on Thursday, I was there in plenty of time for it on Monday!

27878072061_a68fee8700_z.jpg

27342877034_6e67d62a74_z.jpg

In the evening there was the 2045 North Wall - Ballina 27 wagon (54TEU) liner trial (as seen above). It was a great sight to see and hopefully will continue, even though it is likely to result in less liner photos overall!

27342394743_2b9dc1781d_z.jpg

27955742825_4ca7d93b86_z.jpg

27854282312_0af16fe9cf_z.jpg

27854064172_c8245ebd3e_z.jpg

Album link with video -

Regards,

Kieran

Evening all,

Photos from the past few days have now been uploaded to the June gallery.

Includes:

- General liveried 231 and 233 both working Heuston - Charleville services last Saturday.

- Photos of Limerick - Ennis services around Cratloe.

- Scart Level Crossing on the Nenagh Branch.

- Limerick Station with a 4ICR using the train wash at the depot.

- Some more views of passing passenger trains at Stacumny Bridge on Monday night.

- Green liveried 216 at Kildare on Tuesday with the Waterford to Ballina Timber.

Click http://smu.gs/29lIznI to view.

DSC_5233-S.jpg

DSC_5255-S.jpg

DSC_5446-S.jpg

DSC_5534-S.jpg

Good morning folks!

Updates from the past few days have now been uploaded to the website.

The June Gallery comes to a close with:

Wednesday 29th June 2016:

A visit to Straboe to see 231 working the 1700 Heuston - Cork and 22033 on the 1705 Heuston - Tralee.

Thursday 30th June 2016:

Pictures from:

- Portlaoise.

- Portarlington.

- Inchicore.

- Heuston.

- Tara Street.

- Grand Canal Dock.

Click http://smu.gs/29znZk6 to view.

Also on Thursday evening tram 4003 was used for testing on the Red Line between the temporary turnback at Abbey Street and The Point / Connolly. This section has been closed since the 21st May while LUAS Cross City construction works took place on O'Connell Street and Marlborough Street.

The tram was used to make sure the new crossovers and turnouts were all within gauge and also to prove the route along the rest of the line. Some interesting obstructions were found upon along the way!

Click the link to find out more! http://smu.gs/29c1nsG

Most of the images in this update to the LUAS Red Line Gallery have also been copied over to the LUAS Cross City Gallery for the sake of completeness of those construction works.

DSC_5573-M.jpg

DSC_5826-M.jpg

Evening all,

The July gallery opens with:

Friday: Green liveried 216 works the 1105 Ballina - Waterford Timber to Kildare. Pictured at Portarlington.

Saturday: A trip down the Nenagh Branch from Portlaoise.

Monday: Tamper 751 passing Portlaoise while enroute from Mallow to North Wall.

Click http://smu.gs/29J8KVB to view the images.

DSC_5941-M.jpg

The June 2016 Railway Gallery has been updated with photos with the following.

27.6.16. Belmond MK3 Generator Van 7601 CARLOW gets transfered by road from Mivan Antrim to North Wall Dublin , photos taken at various locations between Antrim & Banbridge

27.6.16. Belmond MK3 Generator Van 7601 CARLOW gets transfered by road from Mivan Antrim to North Wall Dublin , photos taken at Mivan Antrim.