Belmond Hibernian - Luxury Touring Train

Rate this topic

Anyone know when it's heading to Belfast for trials, and whether it'll go north of Belfast this year? Haven't heard anything to say it won't be other than on here!

It 100% won't be going north of Belfast this season, too much red tape to sort out in time, that has been confirmed on multiple sites and media feeds. It was due to go to Belfast on a mid night run on Monday back very early to Heuston on Tuesday morning but that never happened.

• 2 weeks later...
Belmond MK3 with 233 did reach York Road and back yesterday.

Loco change at Dundalk with 233 take over from 216.

See Chris playfair photos site.

That explains why I saw 233 at Connolly loco shed this morning so. I suspect that was 233's first trip up north since it's overhaul and repaint.

The fact they swapped out 216 at Dundalk I suspect 216's TPWS is not active and there was no second driver available to be present in the cab.

I dunno... from looking at shots like the one above I think the livery's clean lines give it a sense of understated class.
Hi Patrick,I totally agree with the 'understated class' concept for a product such as this, but it just needs the slightest lift. Add just a tiny little bit of understated sophistication (i.e. not stripes nor garish logos, just very thin fine lining). :) Noel

Too close to the RPSI's previous livery, I suspect.

Hi Richie. OK I can see that may have been a factor. The RPSIs previous livery had a yellow/gold stripe rather than just a thin gold line and the shade of blue was much lighter. Not exactly understated. :)

Image0296.jpg