Rate this topic

ttc0169

On 4/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, jhb171achill said:

Noel, this stuff is inspirational. Your in-depth experience and knowledge of the railway industry inspires what goes on at Tara junction perfectly - and of course, prototypically accurately.

Thanks Jonathan,yes I am lucky  my hands on experience has really helped me to recreate the real thing to miniature form on the layout👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

After encountering reliability issues with the original motor under Arrow railcar 2601+2602,I decided it was time to upgrade,

A bargain purchase at Model rail Scotland of a Class 150 DMU enabled me to upgrade with ease,with the added bonus of interior lights and seating-(not possible on the original chassis)

A built in speaker will allow me to transfer the original sound file onto the chip. 
Here are a few photos of the Arrow as she prepares to depart on an evening service to Kildare. 

E22BB528-3A05-4807-80D8-D13E4BDF6546.jpeg

C8BE8B91-3181-4503-98FF-1093EF964526.jpeg

CEF50448-17E2-41A6-AA68-57B21B45604C.jpeg

• Like 9
  • WOW! 2

16 hours ago, JasonB said:

Looks great, Noel. That has really improved what was already a fantastic model.

I ordered two sets of these a few years back. But after numerous broken promises, gave up in the end. Pity.   

That was a shame as they were well built,and there was a market for the 2600s and the De Dietrich coaches.

Maybe IRM might do something in a few years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ttc0169 said:

That was a shame as they were well built,and there was a market for the 2600s and the De Dietrich coaches.

Maybe IRM might do something in a few years.

Or maybe May or October this year, who knows?

On 4/3/2022 at 12:46 PM, BosKonay said:

If it helps with planning we have a small announcement in the next few weeks,, then something in April, something powered in late April/ Early May, something else in June, something else in July, and August and September and October (also powered) :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was a “Good Friday” for operations on Tara junction.

087 working the Tralee-Heuston CIE Mk3 set serves the platform as 036 is held at signal TJ 101 with a laden fertiliser train from Foynes to Ballina. 

160+183 are coupled to a CIE Mk2 set working a non stop Heuston-Limerick relief service,

018 works a Northwall-Waterford BELL liner as 143+130 work in the opposite direction. 

220 working a Cravens set departs on an Athlone-Heuston  relief service,as 129 propels a set of Park Royal coaches back to the platform to work the branch service. — at Tara Junction Station

• Like 11

Day and night scenes are recreated here as….the Arrow railcar 2601+2602 passes through the station working a Heuston to Athlone service,

190+184 work a Guinness liner special from Heuston to Limerick

048 working the FO Heuston-Tralee Cravens set. 

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • WOW! 1

19 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

112 hauling B141 and a black looking steam locomotive 85 from Connolly loco shed to Inchicore works pass through Tara junction. 
All ready for the open day at Inchicore. 

8839DFE2-6AD3-4137-A673-8CF4EB0E6CC6.jpeg

05BE2043-EF49-46C3-9338-222A6FAD8FE2.jpeg

BDF7BE63-F392-468F-B07E-B460F441B325.jpeg

Perchance an alternate timeline where a Woolwich was saved instead, now there's a dream...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, StevieB said:

I’ve always had the mad idea about the Maunsell Society rebuilding one of their U’s into a K1a to relieve the chronic shortage of mainline steam in Ireland.

Stephen

Yes that would have been something👍

With thanks to @Past-Avenuefor inspiration of his bogie bulk cement wagons on his layout-I purchased some IRM bogies at the Wexford exhibition and put a set underneath bogie cement wagon 33001 as a trial

Here we see the result-which will be rolled out to the rest of the fleet,

As 33001 is at the rear of the train I decided to detail the buffer beam with a screw link coupling and red and yellow air brake pipes as on the prototype. 

FE6451BC-3D45-42D3-B55A-F60890EBB0C5.jpeg

148B2A4E-14EF-4DC3-A01D-2139830BF5FF.jpeg

• Like 9

Thanks Noel 

As with my layout i have to run wheels with a decent flange so it was a no brainier to use IRMs wheel sets on the MIR Bogie cement wagons as i would have had to buy wheels anyway . 

They are great and worked straight away and id highly recommend them if you have problems with derailing  etc 

Enda

• Like 2