New DART 8100 Model

Rate this topic

murrayec

• 1 month later...

Hi

I picked up a fabulous diorama for the N DART at the Bray Show yesterday, done by the expert miniature dioramaist!- Kinvara-Train- just look at the reflection of the DART in the water- amazing

N-Dart-05 IMAG1630.jpg

N-Dart-06 IMAG1634.jpg

N-Dart-07 IMAG1636.jpg

N-Dart-08 IMAG1638.jpg

Eoin

Edited by murrayec

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I got to set up a 6 coach DART this evening for a little drive, I took some video, but as it was late in the day the light was not great- so here is a short video of a 6 coach Sunday Evening DART heading back to Dublin by way of the test track!

I think I'll redo this when there is better light

Eoin

Wow

Thanks all for the great comments, it's great to share these experiences and get feedback, thanks

I took a better video of the 6'er DART the next day, I'll post it up when I get a chance to edit it.

It's at times like this I wish I had a fully landscaped up layout to run trains on for taking video....

Eoin

It's at times like this I wish I had a fully landscaped up layout to run trains on for taking video....

Eoin

Don't worry about that Eoin. The quality of your models stand on their own merits, landscape or not. I was critical of the first generation models, but you have listened to all the comments from various sources and the current version is outstanding. Well done!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

Here are a few photos of the current progress on 18 DART sets, this includes Orders 20 to 34. The shots are of one of the sets chassis and body components, all sets are at this stage with a few in the high numbers still awaiting their bogie etches to be completed. Next stage is to start assembling the sets which will be done 4 sets at a time.

OTB-72 IMAG1852.jpg

OTB-74 IMAG1853.jpg

OTB-73 IMAG1855.jpg

OTB-75 IMAG1858.jpg

Eoin

• 2 months later...

Hi

Finally, over the last month or so, rolling chassis have been coming off the workbench. I now feel the back is broken on this current batch build , as posted on my Plastic Moulding thread I had a pain of a time remaking and processing the plastic parts, not fully finished but I can see the end.

Plastic Parts;- http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/5083-Moulding-Plastic-Tips?p=78996&viewfull=1#post78996

Here are a few shots of a P4 21mm Gauge DART chassis which I'm building two of, apologies to you P4'rs out there but I only had standard rails to make up a bit of 21mm track- though I did fill in the sleeper gap with ballast to help!

The Mock DART body is just plonked on so you can scale things!! the 21mm chassis are DART25's but the body is not ready yet.

OTB-76 IMAG1975.jpg

OTB-77 IMAG1974.jpg

Comparison to 16mm

OTB-78 IMAG1981.jpg

OTB-79 IMAG1980.jpg

Comparison to standard 16mm spud, the brass sleeves are to keep the wheels centred- Black Beetle P4 wheels.

OTB-81 IMAG1937.jpg

The bits

OTB-80 IMAG1932.jpg

Happy Christmas to all

Eoin

Edited by murrayec

Looks so much more convincing on 21mm.

Hi Horsetan

I have to agree, that extra 5mm makes a huge difference, got to make myself one of these! if I can find the time and use the correct rails which should enhance things more!

Westhy

Well done on the stuffing, hope you enjoy it today- so you do a bit of cooking as well as model building...multitasking

Have fun

Eoin

Hi Horsetan

I have to agree, that extra 5mm makes a huge difference, got to make myself one of these! if I can find the time and use the correct rails which should enhance things more!...

If ye're near the South Dublin MRC, I wonder if they'd give a lend of Adavoyle Junction so that your DARTs can be test run on all facets of 21mm gauge.

Will 21mm be an option on your custom-made DARTs?

Horsetan

Yes, I have all the necessory now to make 21mm after building these two, the P4 wheels can take up to 3-4 months to get thru Branchlines from Aussieland but this still works within the timeframe for batch building!

Eoin

• 3 months later...

Hi All

A DART was seen up Dundalk way last week;-

[video=youtube;V-7ODKHqkv0]

It's on one of Baseboard Dave's & client creations, if you want to see more tune in to 'Insight' UTV Ireland next Monday night...

Eoin

Edited by murrayec