BosKonay

Some useful Tools

Is Liver Fluke what you get if you drink scotch instead of Jamesons? Or Murphys instead of Guinness? Or if you listen to "Wagon Wheel" or "Wonderwall" instead of music?

Or if you listen to "Wagon Wheel" or "Wonderwall" instead of music?

I'll take Wonderwall before that horse faced screeching harpie Florence, or Rihanna for that matter.

I'll take Wonderwall before that horse faced screeching harpie Florence, or Rihanna for that matter.

On Juke Box Jury they used to just say "Oi'll give it foive"...

Hi All

Here are a few shots of the first test of the applicator on some scrap MDF- sawdust flock with 2mm static grass and 6mm static grass tufts, and a few rocks for flavour....

ECMstatic-06 IMAG2228.jpg

ECMstatic-07 IMAG2229.jpg

ECMstatic-08 IMAG2230.jpg

ECMstatic-09 IMAG2231.jpg

ECMstatic-10 IMAG2232.jpg

The unit works great, though the dispenser head is a bit large- if a smaller container was used there would be more control. But very happy with the results and will work with it as is..

Eoin

Hi

This mornings project was to make the smaller applicator, I found a 170ml pill jar with a screw on lid (medical buzz again!) which works with the 40mm pipe. The outlet is 40mm and will give more accurate placement of grass around objects on a layout. I also recessed the switch a bit and used flush counter-sunk screws to insulate the fingers a bit better from zaps when switching the unit on n off.....

ECMstatic-11 IMAG2283.jpg

ECMstatic-12 IMAG2285.jpg

ECMstatic-13 IMAG2284.jpg

ECMstatic-15 IMAG2287.jpg

ECMstatic-14IMAG2286.jpg

Eoin

Edited by murrayec

Here are a few shots of a soldering clamp and support board, made from 9mm MDF with a hardwood upstand and 90 deg fence. Threaded inserts are used for screwing down the clamps and an arrangement of clamping bits I use is shown, I use a strip of frying sheet to stop the parts sticking to the MDF, as you can see the MDF gets scorched- hardwood would be a better material. The unit is sacrificial, so holes can be drilled for a new clamping arrangement

SBv1-01 IMAG2349.jpg

SBv1-02 IMAG2351.jpg

SBv1-03 IMAG2350.jpg

Eoin

Hi

Picked up this nice set of tweezers from Baseboard Dave last week, a variety of handles n points- very fine points, and a nice price to.....

TWE-BBD-01 IMAG2466.jpg

TWE-BBD-02 IMAG2467.jpg

Eoin

Hi

Picked up this nice set of tweezers from Baseboard Dave last week, a variety of handles n points- very fine points, and a nice price to.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25952[/ATTACH]

Eoin

Nice.

I keep a set of these in the car first aid box - marvellous for extracting splinters, thorns, etc. - you can even "follow down the hole" and pull it out by the end.

RUBIS-Switzerland-NEEDLE-NOSE-Point-Pointed-Tip-TWEEZERS.jpg

....you can even "follow down the hole" and pull it out by the end.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25953&stc=1

I feel a little unwell after reading that....:puke:

I feel a little unwell after reading that....:puke:

I did a sod of a hawthorn hedge today - I've just got the last thorn out - it was a particularly difficult one and needed some extra access via a Swann Morton scalpel.

But, I did wait until you'd finished your tea.

Chassis Painting Jig

When painting large chassis the usual option is to paint one side, wait for it to dry, and then turn it over and paint the other. I would like to paint the whole in one go- saves time and gets a better all covering coat in the one go....

So I made this- a chassis mounting & turning jig

CPJ-01 IMAG2758.jpg

19mm plywood base, 19mm MDF uprights- one fixed and the other adjustable, two 10mm dia aluminium rods with threaded holes- for attaching aluminium brackets from the chassis to. The MDF is drilled to a snug fit on the rods and actually holds the chassis in any position, there is a M4 pinch bolt in a threaded insert on one of the MDF uprights if needed. The brass knurled rotating knobs and brass rod stops are not fully required to make it work, but it makes a better jig and finishes it nicely.

CPJ-02 IMAG2752.jpg

CPJ-03 IMAG2753.jpg

CPJ-04 IMAG2754.jpg

CPJ-05 IMAG2756.jpg

CPJ-06 IMAG2757.jpg

Eoin

• Like 1

Boffintastic!

Even more impressive that you didn't get a single bit of paint on the timberwork :P

Hi Glenderg

I did get paint on it tonight,

FSO-141 IMAG2759.jpg

FSO-142 IMAG2760.jpg

its excellent, one can manipulate the chassis on the jig or move the whole lot for those hard to reach spots! Even stand it up vertically, should have made one of these ages ago...

Eoin

• Like 1

Eoin, that is brilliant and I feel a copy coming on! You really should market it as every airbrush owner needs one =D

just in case anyone needed one Lidi's are sell hot glue guns not sure if they are selling them everywhere but just to give you guys the heads up.

Colin 

Vernier Callipers.

This I find the best dial calliper to use on plastic models- Marks Models usually have these in stock. It's a €10.00 dial calliper with a shortened beam- to fit in ones pocket, and a tapped in M2 screw to lock the free leg to the beam to hold a measurement. The plastic ones are user friendly to models as the metal ones are quite sharp on the edges and I found they mark models very easily where one does not want a mark! Dials are better than batteries for the obvious reason.

5a1c1f8cbc51f_VCP-01IMAG3564.jpg.23b0371768f11aac5fba059033a15dfa.jpg

5a1c1f8e7baa6_VCP-02IMAG3563.jpg.f71d768339ee65acea93c717353370ca.jpg

One point on this unit- I found the fingers are not perpendicular to the beam so as long as you know this and allow for it, its fine....

Eoin

• Informative 2