Sign in to follow this  
RedRich

Oxford Rail MK111 Coaches

Just had a look at these on the BRM facebook page and they look tasty for pre production models. UK modellers have been crying out for years for decent MK111's.

Rich,

Edited by RedRich

What about us all begging Oxford to include the Irish options in the body moulds so that we could have great Mark 3's, with great cravens, with great ballast wagons, with great cement bubbles, with great 071's,201's,141's,181's,121's hopefully soon and what ever other IRM projects are announced soon!!

What about us all begging Oxford to include the Irish options in the body moulds so that we could have great Mark 3's, with great cravens, with great ballast wagons, with great cement bubbles, with great 071's,201's,141's,181's,121's hopefully soon and what ever other IRM projects are announced soon!!

trains@oxforddiecast.co.uk :)

Have to say they do look quiet enticing, but the rubber gaskets on the windows are far too big and look identical to the lima's. You'd think after all these years they'd get the flush glazing and such right. The Witness marks on the buffers is annoying me, as is the tumblehome curve (looks too shallow) but I'll be defo buying a rake for conversion. The bogies look delicious, hope they make them available as extras/spares.

R.

Clucking bell, but that is some glorious amount of detailing on the bogies and at the corridor ends. Love all the little brass rails as well.

The bar just keeps getting raised.

TIL: Witness mark. A punch mark used to position or locate some part in its proper spot.

Getting d'oul moulding terminology down pat Richie. No dilletante you eh? :)

Edit: Expected RRP is £34.95 each (€43). They may have interior lighting as standard.

Edited by Weshty

Jayz I'd take them raw.

Nice detailing. Not really my era, but could be tempted to get a few an paint them in IE intercity green/grey livery for pulling behind a green/grey 201. Love the bogie and end details. Tend to agree with Richie, the glazing doesn't seem that much different current BR mk3 models.

Not really my era, but could be tempted to get a few an paint them in IE intercity green/grey livery for pulling behind a green/grey 201.

Noel, MKIV coaches are silver and green, introduced in 2005 (ish); MK3's, (supertrain & tippex orange) introduced in 1980 and withdrawn in 2009 are the ones shown above.

From the examples of the models on show I hope there is time for them to hopefully correct any issues that have been raised here and elsewhere. The end and corridor detail looks tasty as is the roof detail. From the pics both the loco hauled and HST coaches are being produced. The BR Blue and Inter City liveries are being produced first, and I hope they get the liveries right. They will also consider the Chiltern coaches.

Rich,

Noel, MKIV coaches are silver and green, introduced in 2005 (ish); MK3's, (supertrain & tippex orange) introduced in 1980 and withdrawn in 2009 are the ones shown above.

Hi Richie. Thanks I knew that, I just fancied the idea of a few vague look-a-likes in intercity silver and green, even though they are mk3s. The other option is to buy some RTR BR mk4's and butcher the coach ends to flatten them. I'm easily pleased. :) Noel

Hi Richie. Thanks I knew that, I just fancied the idea of a few vague look-a-likes in intercity silver and green, even though they are mk3s. The other option is to buy some RTR BR mk4's and butcher the coach ends to flatten them. I'm easily pleased. :) Noel

You'd want to take the sides out and move them sideways a few centimetres too, to get the window spacing right. In other words, neither MK3 nor MKIV is a suitable donor for the IE MKIV's, sadly.

Etched sides, etched sides!!! (Cough).

You're right sneaky altogether Des, I'm sure You're sending subliminal messages to get us to buy you're...excellent...kits...

Where's that crazy guy meme where you need it?

Clucking bell, but that is some glorious amount of detailing on the bogies and at the corridor ends. Love all the little brass rails as well.

The bar just keeps getting raised.

TIL: Witness mark. A punch mark used to position or locate some part in its proper spot.

Getting d'oul moulding terminology down pat Richie. No dilletante you eh? :)

Edit: Expected RRP is £34.95 each (€43). They may have interior lighting as standard.

Jeepers, that's nice for less than a Craven. I still need a rake of Supertrain Mk3s, so in the absence of an Irish prototypical model, they'd still be a nice respray.....