TV ADVERTS

Rate this topic

Irishswissernie

I think the advertisement breaks are getting longer. I remember indulging in some "quality interaction" with the Mrs when the adverts would come on during a film and the action would be in full swing when the film restarted. Now any "quality interaction" during the advert break seems to be finished BEFORE the adverts come to an end. Yep, those advert breaks are definately getting longer..... 

• Funny 3

I detest them.

I also mute the sound the second they come on, and I make an absolute point of NOT EVER buying the product or service of the more annoying, longer or more repetitive ones.

Current hates are anything to do with VHI or those beer ads with the creepy looking weird Dutch guy who ends every boring adventure by staring at you and saying "probably". Or maybe he's Danish. Who gives a toss.

Hear, hear, Ernie, JB et al.

I record the stuff I might want to watch and then watch them when it suits me. Then, when an ad break comes up, 4/5 clicks of the "Forward Arrow" and I've missed them all - "Simples" -  (oh, Lord, I've admitted that I've watched THAT one!

Spud's right, though. Derry Girls fills half an hour on terrestial TV, yet is 22 minutes an episode on Netflix - now I wonder how that happens

Edited by leslie10646

• 3 weeks later...

The schumck about f**king adverts is that apart from the BBC, they are a necessary evil if you want to watch something other than 2 and a half hours of 'Strictly', endless hours of football programmes presented by a crisp promoting tosser who is paid £1.25 million a year to sit and chat with his golf buddies on a Saturday evening, endless sh*t about the countryside that is clearly intended to inform townies that there is life outside of the city and endless dross (each of which poses as a programme in it's own right) telling you what is going to be the subject matter of all the forgoing....

With regard to programme length, notice how much time is now spent between BBC programmes promoting other programmes, radio stations, etc? That is because all programmes/episodes are only 25 minutes long for an half hour slot. This is because at some point they will be reshown on a repeat channel - WITH ADVERTS!

Rant over.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Another little story about TV adverts. Years ago they did a survey of the great British public as to which adverts they thought were the best. Hands down winner were the adverts featuring Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins... And what was it they were advertising was the next question... 95% replied "Why, it's Martini isn't it."

It wasn't. They were advertising the cheaper brand Cinzano!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2