0Mg - Magnesite Wagons Next For IRM

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

On 21/6/2022 at 11:28 PM, murphaph said:

I'm in the same boat era wise. But I think I'll have to justify at least one pack to represent the stored wagons being moved to Limerick in the 90's. The bonus being they'll need a lot of rust added!

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

How many prototype Magnesite wagons were there? I can't find out but the info is probably staring me in the face somewhere!

22-----------26590-26611 Doyle & Hirsch Locomotives and Rolling stock of IR & NIR 1987.

There is a note that 26594,26597/8,26601,26607 & 26610 were built as dolomite ore wagons and converted in 1997.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They are physically finally in the warehouse now. Hoping shipments will catch up today. 

sorry for the delays on the UK orders with the new centre in Birmingham many hoops had to be rejumped through but thankfully now we are all set for stock moving in both directions. 

thanks yet again brexit!

Hi everyone,

As of this morning 60% of the run is already sold, and UK dispatch finally begins in the coming days (these orders are safe and accounted for stock wise)

So, if you're on the fence, it's time to get off! The more in stock items we sell, the more shiny new stuff we are encouraged (and financed!) to make!

Order yours here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/magnesite-wagons

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

90% of Magnesite Wagons Sold - Got Yours Yet?

Our magnesite wagons have proven to be one of the more quirky wagons in our range, but have indeed proved popular among modellers. So much so that only 10% of the production run now remains in stock.

magwagons.thumb.jpg.1e8f8ee08d9c55118e57ae6ccc5c3481.jpg

So, if you fancy some, or wish to build your rake further, then make sure you grab your packs while you can. Four different packs with different wagon numbers are currently available.

Remember, there is 10% off when you buy two packs or more, and free postage and packaging around Ireland.

Shop here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/magnesite-wagons 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

So, if you fancy some, or wish to build your rake further, then make sure you grab your packs while you can. Four different packs with different wagon numbers are currently available.

Twisted my arm into buying a 4th set just now to complete a rake of 12. I'm modelling the other end of the country but somewhere in the Golden Future Time I hope to have the space to do a layout based in the Waterford area in that era. 

Have to say I'm staggered and hugely grateful these were ever made in the first place, given how niche they were in terms of both era and geographic range. I'll bet there are ghosts of bagged cements in wagon heaven seriously miffed at not being reproduced in miniature ahead of these or at all (yet). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...

Just had an email from IRM UK to the effect that I have a refund of about £35 for the single magnesite wagon that I ordered as part of the bundle of wagons in the total order.

Obviously it’s nice to get a refund but I did actually receive the full order, including the single wagon, so I’m curious as to what the refund is for - the email didn’t say…

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Just had an email from IRM UK to the effect that I have a refund of about £35 for the single magnesite wagon that I ordered as part of the bundle of wagons in the total order.

Obviously it’s nice to get a refund but I did actually receive the full order, including the single wagon, so I’m curious as to what the refund is for - the email didn’t say…

Cheers

Darius

Thanks for the heads up Darius, seems the system assumed you hadn't gotten the single,, so refunded :) Enjoy