0Mg - Magnesite Wagons Next For IRM

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

13 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Absolutely. We’re not going to announce announcements or announce something that won’t be here for years and years but suffice it to say we have multiple projects underway

When are the two April announcements happening? 😅

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I feel like there saving the powered one for the MRSI exhibition in October 👀

Nearly sure that there was already a big one lined up for the show, the last one of the year!

January: Magnesites!

February: Coastal Tours Buses!

March: RPSI Coach Packs!

April: didn't materialise so a chance to save the pennies!

Late April / May: Something Powered!

June: Surprise!

July: Surprise!

August: Surprise!

September: Surprise!

October: Something Powered!

November and December: Figure out how to recover from all of the spending and prepare to start borrowing for the next years worth of announcements!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Nearly sure that there was already a big one lined up for the show, the last one of the year!

January: Magnesites!

February: Coastal Tours Buses!

March: RPSI Coach Packs!

April: didn't materialise so a chance to save the pennies!

Late April / May: Something Powered!

June: Surprise!

July: Surprise!

August: Surprise!

September: Surprise!

October: Something Powered!

November and December: Figure out how to recover from all of the spending and prepare to start borrowing for the next years worth of announcements!

The credit card will take some battering at that rate, on the verge of life support!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

32 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Cyril Fry managed to produce a model of something which had yet to enter traffic, as he got the drawings from Inchicore as it was under construction…..(the Drumm train).

Just sayin’….

They did say that the Mk5s were an interesting process, trying to produce the models as tweaks were being made to the real thing.

I wouldn't think the BEMUs are going to be coming anytime soon. (Or at least when my colleagues have decided what pantograph works best with the service requirements!)

• Like 1

to slowly stir the shit handle on this massive pot of speculation a little more , Hey @BosKonay, Do you consider the plough vans to be "powered items"?

wouldnt it be gas if all this speculation about new locos turned out to be a lovely little brake van for the silver A's or somthing else completley unexpected ;)

Edited by Sean
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, Sean said:

to slowly stir the shit handle on this massive pot of speculation a little more , Hey @BosKonay, Do you consider the plough vans to be "powered items"?

wouldnt it be gas if all this speculation about new locos turned out to be a lovely little brake van for the silver A's or somthing else completley unexpected ;)

Heh. No. Coaches and stock with lighting wouldn’t be considered ‘powered’. That tag gets saved for things that can move under their own power. 

No doubt there are a few unexpected things too ;) 

7 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Heh. No. Coaches and stock with lighting wouldn’t be considered ‘powered’. That tag gets saved for things that can move under their own power. 

No doubt there are a few unexpected things too ;) 

A floating, motorized 1/76 B&I ferry is NOT unexpected!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Are you feeling stressed?

Fed up with your current work situation and unable to relieve the pressure?

Want to smash something about for a living?

Well, why not get a job as our product packaging tester!

Okay, we're not hiring. But, as you can see from this short video, we like to test our packaging to ensure our models reach you in tiptop condition. This involves repeated pummelling of the plastic shell as seen here, then the same in its card outer box, and finally repeated drop testing.

Of course, your hobby can also be a great stress relief, so you could always leave the smashing to us, while you enjoy the contents of the packaging like these magnesite wagons. Order here:  https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/magnesite-wagons

• Like 2
  • WOW! 2
  • Funny 1

so this is why they come in a box within a sleeve within a box within a sleeve , inside of an air bubble filled box.

Make a video of yerself drop kicking it off the roof of IRM HQ with a repeat of this test 😅

Edited by Sean
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Surprised alright when I seen the bill. Are the Mk.2's come then as well as I seem to have a demand for the both the coaches and Mags?

Hi George,

It appears you ordered the Mark 2s and Mags together in one order. This is why we advise pre-ordering different product lines separately. Drop us an email with your order number and we can split it for you so you only pay for the wagons now.

Cheers!

Fran

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Edo said:

Hi Fran

cheeky question here - if I ordered some mags and forklifts on the same order...would they be shipped together? - or am i complicating things?

thanks

Ed

They can be. Both will be in stock next week together.