Jump to content

0Mg - Magnesite Wagons Next For IRM

Rate this topic


Warbonnet
 Share

Recommended Posts

It is amazing how viaducts striding across the land can inspire. I imagine the local population saw them as a version of a machine from mars - the world would never be the same. Also perhaps a sign of a gateway to a new world.  While impressive more so was the shots from the shore showing the rock armour trying to stop erosion with line almost on the edge.  

Alone it should inspire a layout set in halcyon times!

I will have to save up/ turn off the lights to get more wagons ..

Hopefully after the coaches and these wagons come through the manufacturing processes  funds will allow the beets to come up the list a bit.   

Robert       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic looking model, guys. Really like the etched walkway and ladder. Yet again, another superbly detailed wagon. 

Such a pity these didn't run that little bit longer. I would have loved to see them being hauled by a pair of IR livreried Bo-Bo's.   

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 3:56 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

How are the sales figures looking now? My budget has been thrown askew due to some unexpected spending on RPSI coach packs and IRM buses!

Hi David,

Sorry, missed this post with everything going on around the shows at the moment (Glasgow done, Alexandra Palace to come!) 

We're at 30% pre-sold on these, and expect to see some decorated samples in the coming weeks. They certainly got very favourable reactions from the Irish contingent that travelled over to the Glasgow show upon seeing them for the first time. 

Cheers!

Fran 

  • Like 3
  • Informative 2
  • WOW! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi David,

Sorry, missed this post with everything going on around the shows at the moment (Glasgow done, Alexandra Palace to come!) 

We're at 30% pre-sold on these, and expect to see some decorated samples in the coming weeks. They certainly got very favourable reactions from the Irish contingent that travelled over to the Glasgow show upon seeing them for the first time. 

Cheers!

Fran 

A third of the run gone inside the first month! Outstanding!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Great news! We recently received decoration samples of the forthcoming magnesite wagons, our latest in our series of CIE built wagons in OO gauge. We have since approved them and production is almost complete, with a delivery of late summer pencilled in.

In the meantime, check out the decorated samples below.

160611765_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123534_050.thumb.jpg.224a3e50167cf6cebe8b21699d64c97c.jpg

1554223894_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123558_604.thumb.jpg.97a7ee47064ee0b03602089eff8aef63.jpg

1140629639_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123556_378.thumb.jpg.bf36c960d8abdff09a9862c77d559944.jpg

845824110_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123548_644.thumb.jpg.1b3c409ce7f495048e5124e315305a3d.jpg

344804282_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123546_732.thumb.jpg.0abb3e78cab97602679900d3cae692c8.jpg

1827660307_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123539_106.thumb.jpg.3f51db6d11ea8d1f0abf60e2654933ac.jpg

863084809_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123625_366.thumb.jpg.026656259bf2a9aca2bebd3e4e3b0b87.jpg

1369338422_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123613_460.thumb.jpg.64b713a387a984554483b78f4fc064b5.jpg

25764451_ImagefromiOS-2022-05-16T123605_716.thumb.jpg.12f1133832d945e1340d277f3cfe12c0.jpg

Each triple packs is priced at €124.99, with a special edition single pack commemorating the very last train priced at €44.94, with 10% off when you buy two packs or more and free postage and packaging for orders to Ireland and the UK when you spend over €50/£50!

Order yours right here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/magnesite-wagons

Cheers!

Fran

Image from iOS - 2022-05-16T123603.469.jpg

  • Like 15
  • WOW! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great looking wagons. Looks like same NEM pocket issue as with the Ballasts, Bubbles and plough vans? As a fan of kadee couplings it would have been nice had retooling fixed the NEM pocket height.  First world problems, otherwise more stellar wagons from IRM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Great looking wagons. Looks like same NEM pocket issue as with the Ballasts, Bubbles and plough vans? As a fan of kadee couplings it would have been nice had retooling fixed the NEM pocket height.  First world problems, otherwise more stellar wagons from IRM.

As before moving the socket means breaking the buffer beam. It’s a trade off between accuracy and convenience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, patrick said:

I never imagined these wagons would be available ready to run. Wonder what are the chances of some oil tanks to run with them?

That would be awesome. Pretty please with cherries on top

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, patrick said:

I never imagined these wagons would be available ready to run. Wonder what are the chances of some oil tanks to run with them?

I'd say the chances are really very good going by what IRM has released already. My perhaps naive assumption is that essentially everything will be gotten around to over time.

  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I'd say the chances are really very good going by what IRM has released already. My perhaps naive assumption is that essentially everything will be gotten around to over time.

Absolutely. We’re not going to announce announcements or announce something that won’t be here for years and years but suffice it to say we have multiple projects underway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, murphaph said:

When was the last mag scrapped?

There was one in Limerick as late as 2014 but it was scrapped along with some other long-withdrawn wagons when the works and station areas were redeveloped in recent years.

  • Like 2
  • Informative 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Noel said:

Great looking wagons. Looks like same NEM pocket issue as with the Ballasts, Bubbles and plough vans? As a fan of kadee couplings it would have been nice had retooling fixed the NEM pocket height.  First world problems, otherwise more stellar wagons from IRM.

Pretty sure this was done to death on the announcement.

Same chassis means a smashing model at a smashing price, with a few trade-offs like the NEM pocket and the 21mm re-gauging.

Definitely won't stop me from destroying the bank balance!

 

5 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Absolutely. We’re not going to announce announcements or announce something that won’t be here for years and years but suffice it to say we have multiple projects underway

 

P.S.:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/030/1/7147839/il_570xN.556250267_gkvh.jpg

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Noel said:

Great looking wagons. Looks like same NEM pocket issue as with the Ballasts, Bubbles and plough vans? As a fan of kadee couplings it would have been nice had retooling fixed the NEM pocket height.  First world problems, otherwise more stellar wagons from IRM.

In fairness, @Noel, we've explained to you more than once the reasoning why it's not possible to lower the NEM pockets on this stock. At this stage I'm not sure if you've simply forgotten or just ignoring what we've told you... :) 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Garfield said:

In fairness, @Noel, we've explained to you more than once the reasoning why it's not possible to lower the NEM pockets on this stock. At this stage I'm not sure if you've simply forgotten or just ignoring what we've told you... :) 

 

Just forgot, I'm sure.

 

 

2022-05-17 IRM Noel-01.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Garfield said:

There was one in Limerick as late as 2014 but it was scrapped along with some other long-withdrawn wagons when the works and station areas were redeveloped in recent years.

Quite a few wagon relics still kickin' about in Limerick..........

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Garfield said:

In fairness, @Noel, we've explained to you more than once the reasoning why it's not possible to lower the NEM pockets on this stock. At this stage I'm not sure if you've simply forgotten or just ignoring what we've told you... :) 

He's ignoring Pat. I've no doubt he will be along to tell us how much of a good customer he really is. I also reckon a few of his pals are running into phone booths to change into their superman costumes to rescue him.😋

  • Funny 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use