0Mg - Magnesite Wagons Next For IRM

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

56 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Stephen, Good morning. Any news when the Deltic or CL 37 are due out to customers? Thanks. Noel

@Noel - schedules can be found here

https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/project-status

Per the latest update provided via the mailing list and on social media, the Deltics will arrive at our warehouse during the coming week.

Such questions would be better asked in the section linked to below rather than in the CIE magnesite wagon thread, though: https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/forum/25-british-outline-modelling/

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Garfield said:

Per the latest update provided via the mailing list and on social media, the Deltics will arrive at our warehouse during the coming week.

Thanks that schedule status page is excellent information. Looking forward to hauling some of my exLMS stock behind Deltic and CL 37 in due course

On 4/6/2022 at 1:29 AM, Warbonnet said:

Hi George,

It appears you ordered the Mark 2s and Mags together in one order. This is why we advise pre-ordering different product lines separately. Drop us an email with your order number and we can split it for you so you only pay for the wagons now.

Cheers!

Fran

Guilty I did order the 2 together, Did not know about that but I do now! I drop ye a line a a day or two.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:06 PM, Garfield said:

Such questions would be better asked in the section linked to below rather than in the CIE magnesite wagon thread, though: https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/forum/25-british-outline-modelling/

Is there an Irish version of this calendar available? 😅

On a serious note though, there are 2 more freight rakes that i want to build for the layout this year, I would much rather be saving my pennies for high grade RTR stock rather than assembling kits that i will never finish up to the same sort of standard. Unfortunately only one of these options will be financially viable for me, If I had a better picture of what is and is not coming over the next year or two it would certainly help with budgeting for upcoming purchases, and reduce fears of buying kits/used RTR stock of things that are about to be re released.

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

On a serious note though, there are 2 more freight rakes that i want to build for the layout this year, I would much rather be saving my pennies for high grade RTR stock rather than assembling kits that i will never finish up to the same sort of standard. Unfortunately only one of these options will be financially viable for me, If I had a better picture of what is and is not coming over the next year or two it would certainly help with budgeting for upcoming purchases, and reduce fears of buying kits/used RTR stock of things that are about to be re released.

We’ll work One up but the Irish mk2’s are in the same timeline as the UK and the magnesite’s are in transit. 

We’ve a lot of new items to launch we’ve been keeping under our hats and progressing which well plot on a status page as they launch :) 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Safe to say that if it ran in rakes, IRM are going to release it at some stage...

And we can even hold onto hope for the oddball bits of stock after seeing the incredible NIR lineup - unique models in there that we never could have imagined, plus a Mk2C!!!

And obviously, if it's blue and white and floats, then it's definitely on the cards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

We’ll work One up but the Irish mk2’s are in the same timeline as the UK and the magnesite’s are in transit. 

We’ve a lot of new items to launch we’ve been keeping under our hats and progressing which well plot on a status page as they launch :) 

the mk2 are a perfect example actually as I had an opportunity yesterday to get the old RPSI set, still sealed and for a fair price, but i left them there as i know im getting the new set some time in the future. was alot more comfortable picking up a few baby GM over the past few months knowing that there wont be an IRM one in the near to mid future ;) 

Its the under wraps stuff that im truly getting at, c'mon and make a big dirty spoiler calendar and end our misery for the year :D 

I dont wanna go building a rake of idk lets say pallet cements or beet doubles only to find one is announced before the paint is even dried on them ;) ...

Edited by Sean
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Sean said:

the mk2 are a perfect example actually as I had an opportunity yesterday to get the old RPSI set, still sealed and for a fair price, but i left them there as i know im getting the new set some time in the future. was alot more comfortable picking up a few baby GM over the past few months knowing that there wont be an IRM one in the near to mid future ;) 

Its the under wraps stuff that im truly getting at, c'mon and make a big dirty spoiler calendar and end our misery for the year :D 

I dont wanna go building a rake of idk lets say pallet cements or beet doubles only to find one is announced before the paint is even dried on them ;) ...

I think that the IRM Mk2B/C RPSI set are different models with different running numbers than the older Mk2A RPSI set.

Also, rule of thumb, if you build it and complete it, IRM will then release it.

• Agree 1

All them different prefixes confuses me. and i cant REALLY comfortably run more than a 3 coach train on my layout anyways so to the uneducated lay person such as myself they are pretty much the same with the brake swapped for the bar.

obviously its a bit more complicated than that  and some people will want both  but they are definitely a one or the other type of purchase for me., not to detract from either because i own neither.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just a wee Magnesite update.

Turns out the pallet was too tall for the connecting air freight flight from London to Dublin (smaller plane) so it had to be trucked instead. They will arrive with us now on Friday and dispatch will begin early next week.

We apologise for this unforeseen slight delay, but they are mighty close!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good News , next week so. Looking forward to seeing these, I was down Ring Looking over at the Old Mine Site Last Weekl!

Ah sure not much gets flown from UK to Ireland these days.

image.png.4c21d2b7842aa7d8697153a78a1c2abd.png

On 5/6/2022 at 10:13 PM, Sean said:

Building stuff has been killed of a fair bit now TBH. 

• Like 1

The Magnesite is a fantastic looking wagon. The only reason I was reluctant to order a rake, was because they never made it as far as the IR/IE era, and were just too far outside my period of interest. 

Seeing them running with the A Class above on Barrow Street has got me thinking. They look great together! 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, JasonB said:

The Magnesite is a fantastic looking wagon. The only reason I was reluctant to order a rake, was because they never made it as far as the IR/IE era, and were just too far outside my period of interest. 

Seeing them running with the A Class above on Barrow Street has got me thinking. They look great together! 

JasonB

A rake of 24 wagons would look even better😃😃👍

Warb

• Funny 2

25 minutes ago, JasonB said:

thats kinda why i went for ballast instead of gypsum, but now i have a burning desire for a rake of gypsum in the back of my head.

4 hours ago, JasonB said:

I'm in the same boat era wise. But I think I'll have to justify at least one pack to represent the stored wagons being moved to Limerick in the 90's. The bonus being they'll need a lot of rust added!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JasonB said:

No one is gonna give out to ya!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Not really my era but had to pick up a pack from Marks Models on Wednesday. And as always these wagons do not disappoint. As a 90's modeller they will spend there time being shunted from one scrap siding to the next! But I do remember some of them in the sidings at Enniscorthy for a long while during the 90s so thats good enough for me!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dave182 said:

Not really my era but had to pick up a pack from Marks Models on Wednesday. And as always these wagons do not disappoint. As a 90's modeller they will spend there time being shunted from one scrap siding to the next! But I do remember some of them in the sidings at Enniscorthy for a long while during the 90s so thats good enough for me!

Yes,I remember the Mag wagons when about 1983 they arrived in Enniscorthy Station.Some were stored at the former goods store siding,while others were stored on the long siding North of the Station.They stayed there till the mid 90s where they were either scrapped or moved to another location.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, enniscorthyman said:

Yes,I remember the Mag wagons when about 1983 they arrived in Enniscorthy Station.Some were stored at the former goods store siding,while others were stored on the long siding North of the Station.They stayed there till the mid 90s where they were either scrapped or moved to another location.

I remember seeing them in Enniscorthy 92/93 while travelling around the IE system on a rambler ticket.

For modellers outside the 1969-82 era possible scenarios including Pfizer/Quigley continuing operations into the IE era (plant converted to burn Kinsale natural gas similar to Marino point) or wagons re-purposed to carry a bulk traffic that had to be kept dry in transit such as soda ash, bulk fertiliser or other chemicals.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1