eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Gave this dude a little broadside, he didnt like it one little bit, got a bit shirty

Told him Marks had some for €50, not a happy little bunny

I see he still has his Bachmann Irish set at £245

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murphy-Models-MM5229-Irish-Railways-CIE-MkII-MkIID-MK2D-Coach-Orange-Roof-/141903016956?hash=item210a1433fc:g:KrgAAOSwUuFWv1I-

Gave this dude a little broadside, he didnt like it one little bit, got a bit shirty

Told him Marks had some for €50, not a happy little bunny

I see he still has his Bachmann Irish set at £245

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murphy-Models-MM5229-Irish-Railways-CIE-MkII-MkIID-MK2D-Coach-Orange-Roof-/141903016956?hash=item210a1433fc:g:KrgAAOSwUuFWv1I-

Scumbag probably went and ordered more stock from Marks after you told him!

A very reasonable price indeed for such a thing. I think they were over 100 new....?

Looks like it didn't sell. :confused: No picture of a box, nor the other side of the loco, nor an indication of its condition (i.e. new, mint, test run only or used). So perhaps folk not happy to buy at that price without enough info. They can be got with boxes in near mint condition for €100 from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like it didn't sell. :confused: No picture of a box, nor the other side of the loco, nor an indication of its condition (i.e. new, mint, test run only or used). So perhaps folk not happy to buy at that price without enough info. They can be got with boxes in near mint condition for €100 from time to time.

Agreed. Plus in the first two pictures, the aim of the picture is at such a poor angle that the bogies seem to be hanging very low, almost directly on the table-top, like there are no wheels.

Judging by the third picture the wheels are certainly there. But if you're looking to market your product the first two pictures are not doing it much of a favour and maybe after them no one looked at the third one!

BACHMANN IRISH CIE MOGUL 2-6-0 LOCO & TENDER "383"BLACK. RARE OIL BURNER.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-B-BACHMANN-IRISH-CIE-MOGUL-2-6-0-LOCO-TENDER-383-BLACK-RARE-OIL-BURNER-/371571673330?

A mint & boxed/as new and unused-unrun BACHMANN IRISH CIE MOGUL 2-6-0 LOCO & TENDER in matt black and numbered "383". This loco has been skillfully and professionally converted to represent the late 1940's OIL BURNING VERSION

So it's mint, but not mint...

If it's an oil burner it should be all-grey, not black (though dirt / oil deposits might make it look black!). Also the common but obvious error that "snail" is yellow. Snails were never yellow on steam engines, be they grey, black or green - this was Whitehead invention when 461 was first restored about 1990 or so. The RPSI had a black livery with yellow snail on 461 and 184. The loco number in unlined yellow, yes, but the "snail" should always, without exception, be pale green lined in gold. CIE simply didn't have transfers in yellow for steam engines. By the time the yellow ones for 121s appeared, no remaining steam engine would ever see a paintbrush again - within a year it would be the scrapper's torch.

I would say the stark white circle (and it's interesting to see a model with this - all credit to the modeller for this aspect!) would have ended its white career half way into its first run!

If it's an oil burner it should be all-grey, not black (though dirt / oil deposits might make it look black!). Also the common but obvious error that "snail" is yellow. Snails were never yellow on steam engines, be they grey, black or green - this was Whitehead invention when 461 was first restored about 1990 or so. The RPSI had a black livery with yellow snail on 461 and 184. The loco number in unlined yellow, yes, but the "snail" should always, without exception, be pale green lined in gold. CIE simply didn't have transfers in yellow for steam engines. By the time the yellow ones for 121s appeared, no remaining steam engine would ever see a paintbrush again - within a year it would be the scrapper's torch.

I would say the stark white circle (and it's interesting to see a model with this - all credit to the modeller for this aspect!) would have ended its white career half way into its first run!

Maybe a thread should be started for what locos looked like in the 40s-50s, body wise and livery wise,for modelling purposes?

Up to the late 40s, 800s excepted, just grey all the way. Then lined green for suburban passenger and main line passengers engines (most) and grey for everything else with a few green exceptions (like just one old GSWR 60 class). Somewhere, somewhere, in the Catacombs I have a list of what engines got black - this was only in the late 50s. I'll try and find it and post.

Really, that's about it.

He's pretty persistent, too. He's relisted these about three times already=))=))=))

Actually, now that I think of it I have seen several sell for £65-72 on several occasions on eBay, although they may have been used (but excellent)

In fairness it looks like the sale of a deceased relatives stock, so therefore the seller may be unfamiliar with current market values.