eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

1 hour ago, Darrman said:

The grey 071s are both over €300 and there's still three days of bidding to go. Who knows how much higher they'll go?

Seems daft for what in truth are Toy trains, that will one day eventually be re-run with better specs, so collecting 1st gen models now will devalue not appreciate. This seems like a repeat of Lima 201s all over again and you couldn't give those away now even as a door stop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Noel said:

Seems daft for what in truth are Toy trains, that will one day eventually be re-run with better specs, so collecting 1st gen models now will devalue not appreciate. This seems like a repeat of Lima 201s all over again and you couldn't give those away now even as a door stop.

The trick is to sell to the mugs while the market is buoyant.

• Funny 2

22 hours ago, Darrman said:

The grey 071s are both over €300 and there's still three days of bidding to go. Who knows how much higher they'll go?

Both grey 071's now well outside my price range - both currently around the €370 mark.

https://www.ebay.es/itm/155475800367

https://www.ebay.es/itm/155475793533

@Fowler4fdid post about these in a different thread, and I'm pretty sure he posted in another different thread a week or two back, when this seller sold another load of stuff.

Screenshot_20230407-140250.png

Screenshot_20230407-140144.png

Just now, Noel said:

Collectors and hoarders? You'd like to think they'll be played with and run on layouts, but at those prices will they ever be run?

Who says it's a collector, or hoarder as you put it. Personally, if I forked out that type of cash for a loco, I'd run it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Noel said:

Collectors and hoarders? You'd like to think they'll be played with and run on layouts, but at those prices will they ever be run?

You mean people like me, who live in the real world, have jobs, do voluntary work, have other things to do, and are lucky to run their trains a few times per year...

🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

You mean people like me, who live in the real world, have jobs, do voluntary work, have other things to do, and are lucky to run their trains a few times per year...

🙄

It's ignorance, Dave. Hoarders, generally collect pizza boxes, newspapers, empty milk cartons, etc. Not €500 models. Or maybe that's just me stereotyping. 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

You're back to your passive-aggressive bullying and flaming again?

Aw, I thought that you'd grown up.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Your right 

38 minutes ago, gph2000 said:

A couple of the 121's finished reasonably priced. Hefty gross for one day's selling.

Sometimes there can be a sad story behind the selling of a lot of models or memorabelia.

21 hours ago, Noel said:

I see we are back to belittling people in posts again. You don't know who bought them or for what use. This post is a true return to form.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Ironroad said:

Oh please, live and let live

Sure, but don't want people to suffer falling into repeating history such as the great Lima 201 debacle selling for close to €1000 when rare on ebay, but barley fetch €50 once the superior later MM 201 was later released. Its not like fine art or stuff like original beetle music score sheets. This false market is temporary, don't like seeing model train enthusiasts exploited.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Sure, but don't want people to suffer falling into repeating history such as the great Lima 201 debacle selling for close to €1000 when rare on ebay, but barley fetch €50 once the superior later MM 201 was later released. Its not like fine art or stuff like original beetle music score sheets. This false market is temporary, don't like seeing model train enthusiasts exploited.

There is a nice way of saying that if you are telling the truth. No need to insult or belittle people, their reasons or their models.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

There is a nice way of saying that if you are telling the truth. No need to insult or belittle people, their reasons or their models.

Exactly Dave. The original post had a nasty undertone to it. A few collectors I have talked to see a model like being a piece of art that you hang on your wall to look at with never having any intention of running it. If they want to sell it in the future and make a profit it's a wiin win situation for the buyer and seller each gets what he wants.

• Agree 2