eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

For sale - just in case anyone here missed the first run of Paddy's most excellent Baby GMs, I'd like to give members here the chance to grab any they missed / were searching for

Great stuff, put them on the for sale section with prices please and I will search the house 😉

• Like 3

Not Ebay, but there are a couple of bits on Adverts at the moment:

MM0230 201 class for €195:
https://www.adverts.ie/models/murphy-models-201/31405776

3x Cravens for €200:

https://www.adverts.ie/models/model-railway-murphy-models-coaches/32626686

Lima Mk2 Galway livery 3 pack for €180:

https://www.adverts.ie/toy-cars-trains-boats-planes/model-railway-trains-lima-galway-set-rare/32575749

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keitheg6 said:

Is this a bit fishy? seems to be fresh stock coming from china? 🤔image.thumb.png.b3a3f7bbba59facb40530ea8d4c4d9b6.png

These popped up the other day. The unusual thing is the price. They should be a lot cheaper if previous modus operandi is followed.

Back in 2020, a shop up in Spain called Imperio del Hobby had some Cravens and Mk2D's for sale.

They were relatively cheap, so I wrote to the shop. The owner, think his name is José, is a one-man band ala @WRENNEIRE or Chris Dyer. He told me that he had bought them from a shop closing down, like good old Chris used to do.

On arrival, the boxes were sun-bleached and they had old price tags on them, so his story seemed legitimate.

@burnthebox also bought some, but he has now sold some of his stock on via eBay, and is no longer active on the forum.

Through the jigs and the reels, @WRENNEIRE informed us here on the forum that Josè had not bought these from a shop that was closing, as this was impossible.

Through inside channels, he had ascertained that they were, in fact, over-produced with the original Cravens.

For example, Paddy commissions 504 units, the factory produce 550 - on Paddy's Euro - and they then store the extra units for several years.

Prior to storage, they put on Euro price tags, age the boxes, then contact shops like Imperio del Hobby, tell them that they're illegal over-produced units that have been stored for X years, and ask if the shops are interested.

Paddy has / had a court case against Jose of Imperio, but I don't know how that went. It wasn't through the Spanish legal system, that much is certain, so was presumably through the Irish courts.

The bottom line, if I recall correctly, is that the over-produced units are the property of Murphy Models, irrespective of who is claiming to have the right to sell them.

Edited by DJ Dangerous
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative 3

On 12/1/2024 at 2:23 PM, skinner75 said:

I have a double of MM0077 & MM0085.

Baby GM doubles I have are:

MM0177  IE weathered
MM0183  IR weathered
MM0143  IR
MM0171  IE
MM0156  IR
MM0181  B181 Black
MM0188  B188 Black
MM0190 
MM0192 
MM0187 
MM0146 
MM0141 
MM0165 
MM0184

183 has now been sold to Knawa from this forum 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Meh, they're both the same thing...

😂

Hi, Unfortunately polish where it has no meaning merely close to "kawa" - Coffee. But I think the irish version is funnier. School memories wouldn't be very nice 😂

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

On 7/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Sold for €115 in the end.

Screenshot_20231107-194121.png

I bought it, spent about Eur 35 on buffers and couplings, mostly postage and customs.  But could not get genuine spares.  I have it relisted (the money for a pair of Mk 2 generator vans has to come from somewhere), but I expect it will not cover the cost of both.

Edited by gph2000
  • Informative 1

5 hours ago, gph2000 said:

I bought it, spent about Eur 35 on buffers and couplings, mostly postage and customs.  But could not get genuine spares.  I have it relisted (the money for a pair of Mk 2 generator vans has to come from somewhere), but I expect it will not cover the cost of both.

I was more concerned about the poop smeared all over it. Did you wipe that off?

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

Exactly, taking the hit. Not enough time to work on that. If the Mk2 EGVs had not come available so soon, I might have. 

• Like 1

On 25/1/2024 at 9:08 PM, gph2000 said:

Exactly, taking the hit. Not enough time to work on that. If the Mk2 EGVs had not come available so soon, I might have. 

I hope you don't have to take much of a hit. Not fair when you were only trying to salvage a piece of poop-smeared Irish model railway history.

26 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I hope you don't have to take much of a hit. Not fair when you were only trying to salvage a piece of poop-smeared Irish model railway history.

Even if it stays at 102, it will have been more than I expected. 

1 minute ago, gph2000 said:

Even if it stays at 102, it will have been more than I expected. 

Would you not list it in the Classifieds and For Sale sections here on the forum, too?

People are always looking for them, and the fact that you've sourced buffers and couplings is a massive plus.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/1/2024 at 9:08 PM, gph2000 said:

At least you moved it on without losing too much, and it was a good price for the buyer:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/126296664917

TC, get the boat, or the chopper, 'cause you're not getting €260 for a 141! 😂😂😂

https://www.ebay.es/itm/296207641617

@Mayner has his own transport company! Swish!

https://www.ebay.es/itm/235414268334

2024-02-06 eBay Murphy Models 201 01.jpg

2024-02-06 eBay Murphy Models 141 01.jpg

2024-02-06 eBay Mayne Bus 01.jpg

24 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

At least you moved it on without losing too much, and it was a good price for the buyer:

A great price. I was the only bidder at 114 when I bought it. Genuinely did not expect it to break 100, and when 102 went on, I thought that was it. Unusual for an ebay auction, most bids were in the early days with a lone late one coming in early on the last day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

The leading bidder is either really desperate to own this one, or is leading everyone up the garden path by putting in repeated joke bids.

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, Metrovik said:

It's going for how much now!?!? You could get a professional model maker to make any loco you want for that price....

@DJ Dangeroushas one that @murphaph resprayed for him, from the pics I saw it was impossible to tell if was a factory original or not, in fact @murphaphs one was probably better as it has subtle weathering instead of being OOB

31 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

Mad price alright - shame I don't have a double of 112! 

Mad where they’ve got to.. I spoke to Paddy a few months back on it and he said he just didn’t see the demand for NIR models so went with a half batch of 252 instead of the usual 504.. This is the result of them at I guess!

• Like 4