Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

<splutter>!!!

That's on the todo list alright ;)

Eventually.......

:trains:

It's looking like what it is supposed to be Stephen, a Railway. Dapol catenary should do the job nicely and flow with the track. You don't shirk from the challenges that you set for yourself, and I have on occasion. Truly inspirational.

Rich,

Other than sticking stock down and trying to crash them, anyone any recommendations on clearance for bends?

I'm using peco finescale geometry, so the tracks are quite close together (about an inch apart). So far so good, but I wonder should I separate them a bit more on some bends?

Didn't get a chance to grab a video (sorry 201, sick kids!) but did pick up a mini hoover :)

Will lay a single slip tomorrow with the new 'plaster the glue and ballast in one step' method and take photos of each step. The crossing i tried has been cleaned and vacuumed and I'm thrilled with the results - just sorry I laid the throat without knowing how to do it first!

Setanta as a lad had a fight with a dog, the one above pictured, the meanest dog in Ulster, who guarded Culanns house. Legend is that he, after Culann the local lord saw him play hurling, he invited him to his table for a feast. The dog not knowing the young Setanta went after him and the story goes that he drove a sliotar down his throat with a hurley, and the dog choked. So devestated was Culann at the loss of his dog, that Setanta vowed to take the dogs place to defend the master. Cu Chullainn means "Hound of Culann" and he went on to be a heroic, if not gruesome warrior.