MK3 Scrapping

Rate this topic

Killucan2

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed the De Dietrichs are very uncomfortable in comparison

The DD's will be getting a brand new 'level' to them when they get over-hauled this summer;

Leaver seats

New livery

New style to coaches and lots more.............

Can't wait!

Info based on what ive been told by TNIR officials.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13456[/ATTACH]

How the north wall has changed so quickly baffles me. Look of this picture on google maps with no mk3's in the foreground! Will those 7 tracks in the foreground be removed once the mk3's get shifted I wonder?

Is the photo distorted or is that coach cut in half?

The DD's will be getting a brand new 'level' to them when they get over-hauled this summer;

Leaver seats

New livery

New style to coaches and lots more.............

Can't wait!

Info based on what ive been told by TNIR officials.

Interesting to see which will replace the DD's when they are overhauled. It will bring a bit more variety to northern line come the summer anyway. 3000 class,more 29000 class, maybe even the odd ICR :)

Interesting to see which will replace the DD's when they are overhauled. It will bring a bit more variety to northern line come the summer anyway. 3000 class,more 29000 class, maybe even the odd ICR :)

Some ICRs have been fitted with signalling equipment needed to run up North I believe.

Some ICRs have been fitted with signalling equipment needed to run up North I believe.

Yeah set 1 to set 6 are fitted with TPWS and AWS for use on NIR. They are also unique not showing the Irish Rail "Tricolour" logo icon beside the "Irish Rail, Iarnrod Eireann" text due to controversial reasons if they run across the border as far as i know.

The remains of 7132 are in front of blue porto cabin at bottom of pic and 7140 which is half cut in half is on the line were the spoil wagons are,them and two others look like been broken on site due to having break gear and couplings cut so can't be moved.

Yeah set 1 to set 6 are fitted with TPWS and AWS for use on NIR. They are also unique not showing the Irish Rail "Tricolour" logo icon beside the "Irish Rail, Iarnrod Eireann" text due to controversial reasons if they run across the border as far as i know.

I heard that the finger waving brigade were worried about southern (american made) diesels going north and corrupting northern (spanish made) dmu's and french made german companied enterprise stock, and that any trains running beyond central junction would get a battering by 13 year olds who liked to throw heavy stuff at passenger trains for no reason, and that if a tricolour was applied which none of them would even see, nor recognise at speed, would warrant an upgrade to 15 year old scuts for added bum fluff moustachioed threats. Posssibly read on Waterford

Whispers though ....

I don't think there is any point in trying to keep DVT 6305 if it is to be kept as from what I can see of what is left in North Wall none of them are push pull stock. Can't see any Mk3s being saved at this stage except 7601 at Dundalk as a spare for the spare Enterprise EGV.

Maybe he's testing my faith and next Sunday there'll be two runs... Great pictures by Chris by the way! Anyone have any info on whether there'll be another run? If so when?

All you can do is go out and see if they turn up next Sunday. Unless you get confirmation of them running at a certain date.