MK3 Scrapping

Rate this topic

Killucan2

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture was uploaded to Facebook last week. It showed Executive coach 7161 in the green livery seen in Deepthroat's picture except without the white line and the Orient Express logos but it did have the new IR logo. Just in case anyone thought the livery was photo shopped too.

Reports are that only 1 EGV survived at Dundalk and not 2 as suggested.

7612 got scrapped on the 11.2.14 the other Gen Van that's left at Dundalk is 7601

Pics of 7612 & others heading up the A1 Carriageway around the Banbridge area will be added to my site soon

Gordon

7612 got scrapped on the 11.2.14 the other Gen Van that's left at Dundalk is 7601

Pics of 7612 & others heading up the A1 Carriageway around the Banbridge area will be added to my site soon

Gordon

Have those Mk3s at time been moved around? Last time I saw pics of Dundalk, the Mk3s were in two rakes and the two EGVs were together. Were some Mk3s moved to Northwall before scrapping began. There was more than 10 there.

Have those Mk3s at time been moved around? Last time I saw pics of Dundalk, the Mk3s were in two rakes and the two EGVs were together. Were some Mk3s moved to Northwall before scrapping began. There was more than 10 there.

On the 4.2.14 217 shunted 7612 + 5 mk3pp in to the old freight Yard for scrapping , scrapping start on the 10.2.13 on this set .

On the 12.2.14 088 Shunted the other 9 mk3s in to the old freight Yard for scrapping , scrapping started the same day on this set.

I hate to ask really, but any more photos of the coaches being cut up at Dundalk? Or if anyone will be at North Wall when the scrap men start there, take a few pic's and share! (hard as it might be!) A scrap line is something I'd love to include on the layout, though scrapping much older wagons- on my layout mk3's are king!