MK3 Scrapping

Rate this topic

Killucan2

First couple of sets brought in RTR from the UK in 93, floor, bodyside and roof jigs supplied by BREL and remaining main line and push-pull sets built at Inchacore. I think the coach body shells were basically scratchbuilt at Inchacore with bogies and other fittings supplied in kit form.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First couple of sets brought in RTR from the UK in 93, floor, bodyside and roof jigs supplied by BREL and remaining main line and push-pull sets built at Inchacore. I think the coach body shells were basically scratchbuilt at Inchacore with bogies and other fittings supplied in kit form.

So they were kitbashed? ;)

Mayner, you must have been standing beside me that day (IRRS annual visit?) as I have identical pictures.

The last batch of bogies were built in Inchicore completely, and the very last one had a suitable inscription somewhere in its innards made of weld marks!

come on John and tell us - you are amongst friends hereWINK.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are 38 seeming rail worthy mk3s left in North Wall. If they are all being moved to Adelaide for scrapping in rakes of seven then there will be at least five more movements to Dundalk and then further north to Belfast. Does anyone have any info on future movements of the coaches? I heard they might have been moving this Thursday and that the ones currently in Dundalk are moving on Sunday morning.

Maybe it's because the mk3s currently in Dundalk haven't been moved on to Belfast yet. I would have gone out to see if it ran today if it wasn't for the fact that the wonderful Leaving Cert is holding me back.

never mind the trains young man...study hard now - play trains later studying-in-class-smiley-emoticon.gif

There are 38 seeming rail worthy mk3s left in North Wall. If they are all being moved to Adelaide for scrapping in rakes of seven then there will be at least five more movements to Dundalk and then further north to Belfast. Does anyone have any info on future movements of the coaches? I heard they might have been moving this Thursday and that the ones currently in Dundalk are moving on Sunday morning.

Where is the Belfast movement bit coming into it? There is space in the old Dundalk freight yard for scrapping

Where is the Belfast movement bit coming into it? There is space in the old Dundalk freight yard for scrapping

The company scrapping them are based in the north so it saves having to transport them on the back of a truck up the M1 like all the ones in Dundalk were.

Anyone know when or if there will be another run to Belfast, and are the mk3s in Adelaide now awaiting scrapping?

None of them have even made it to Adelaide yet. They were suppose to run the ones currently in Dundalk up there the past two Sundays but it was called off.

None of them have even made it to Adelaide yet. They were suppose to run the ones currently in Dundalk up there the past two Sundays but it was called off.

Ah ok, thanks, at least I didn't miss them anyway!

Edited by 201bhoy