SSM launch the 42' Bogie flat and Barrier Wagon

Rate this topic

Weshty

Hi all,

Mr. Postman and UPS have done their bit and I am delighted to report I am now formally launching the 42' Bogie Flat.

The 42 Bogie flat is available at €30 each and will be on sale at the SSM Stand at the MRSI exhibition at St. Paul's on Sunday and Monday.

It is a foldable and glueable brass kit with white metal detailing, wiring, wheels and decals (with 12 different numbers). See Glenderg's workbench for photos of the completed kit. I have also added extra detailing to allow easier connection using various methods such as Kadee, Bachman or shaped wire.

The kit also has prototypical K33 bogie sides (Cast version with load sensing) and Sambre and Meuse buffers.

I will also be taking orders for the Barrier Wagon (€45 each) which are now available as well. I will have built models available on the day, including some samples of the O gauge kits now available.

Look forward to seeing you all there.:tumbsup:

Are you not there saturday ?

Hi, to be more explicit, I'll be there Sunday and Monday, but not Saturday.

If anyone has interest in several 42's can they email me directly, so I can get an idea of volume and order extra etches if need be. The earlier I order, the earlier you get them!

Edited by Weshty

Confucious say "There is great freedom in no choice".

That's another way of clarifying that it is only available in kit form. However, I have designed it specifically to be glueable together just like an Airfix kit. There is a load of optional detail, but even as a beginner you should be able to make the basic kit in a little over 2 hours. It's a matter of cut, fold, glue, paint.

A good scissors and a pliers and you're away.

That's another way of clarifying that it is only available in kit form. However, I have designed it specifically to be glueable together just like an Airfix kit. There is a load of optional detail, but even as a beginner you should be able to make the basic kit in a little over 2 hours. It's a matter of cut, fold, glue, paint.

Thats great!!i'll give it a lash as they say!! :confused:

Excellent news. I'll be there on Saturday but will try to get back on Monday to stock up. Well done that man!

Weshty can i ask- as someone who has never put together a kit or airfix model before would a complete novice manage these kits or would i be better off getting some RTR ones?????? (will you be selling any RTR wagons??)

Red, just have so say that they are similar to an airfix spitfire - there are simple bits and complicated bits. I've had people ask me to assemble these kits, but i'd recommend they put them together themselves - they really are unscrewupable, no matter brass skill, eyesight levels, or confidence.

I get nothing out of this kit, and while i've suffered immensely with the gestation of the kit, it's a cracker.

Anyone - no matter your experience -should be able to put it together. I'm going to do a photo by instruction to match des' instructions next thursday so that no one is confused about the nomenclature or assembly method. Be in no doubt lads, SSM has done something akin to PM here...

Red, just have so say that they are similar to an airfix spitfire - there are simple bits and complicated bits. I've had people ask me to assemble these kits, but i'd recommend they put them together themselves - they really are unscrewupable, no matter brass skill, eyesight levels, or confidence.

I get nothing out of this kit, and while i've suffered immensely with the gestation of the kit, it's a cracker.

Anyone - no matter your experience -should be able to put it together. I'm going to do a photo by instruction to match des' instructions next thursday so that no one is confused about the nomenclature or assembly method. Be in no doubt lads, SSM has done something akin to PM here...

Looking forward to seeing your blog Glenderg, thanks.