071 Supertrain pictures

Rate this topic

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on Rich. The IE logo is oversize - it shouldn't overlap the white lines. As you say the bottom of the cab side window frames should be black not orange. On 071 and 086 shouldn't the bodyside grill be black with a thin orange line separating it from the black band - as in http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ie/diesel/071/cie077_st003815a.jpg. And I still think that the orange is too orangy and should be more 'golden brown'.

Woops. I should read every word of the post!! Sorry Rich.

No apologies needed josefstadt your own observations regarding the IR liveried loco are spot on. There is a lot of good detail on the models. 077 correctly does not have the plates on the cabsides that replaced the tablet catchers and the Sinclair antennas are correctly modelled on certain members of the classes.

The shipping time from leaving China to the models clearing customs is usually 6 weeks give or take a few days and if the projected release is for IE Freight NIR and CIE Supertrain then there is time to correct the IE and IR locos before production starts on them are they are penciled in for release later in the year.

I do hope the issues with the cab front chevrons on the IR liveried loco and the IE logo and paint bleed on 077 are corrected before production as all it takes is an email with a photo or a phone call to the factory to correct that. I haven't seen any photos of the cabfront of the 077 model yet and I hope it doesn't have the same issues as the IR liveried model. 112 looks amazing in the photos and good attention to detail has been evident in all views so they should get the others right as there is a multitude of photos out there to use as guides for livery application.

Rich.

These concerns should be made know to MM now, while there is still time to rectify them. It's not as if Paddy isn't prepared to correct livery issues, as the yellow panel was corrected on later 201's, after the issue about the incorrect curve at the bottom was highlighted. It's just a pity it was only spotted after the model was released. There is probably still time to catch the 071's in time.......

Does anyone know why the red buffer beam was moved so high

on the 071s when compared to the 141/181s.

Eamonn I am a firm believer that the most obvious answer is usually the correct one. Taking this into consideration I asked the tour guide in Inchicore many years ago the same question you have asked. The answer was because they had to have the red the same distance from the orange or dayglo on the 3 classes. The 071's were delivered that way also on request.

Rich,

Anyone remembering them will recall livery details that differed from the norm. They were delivered (as seen above) with CIE roundels on the ends which were of slightly bigger diameter, and all white, instead of the usual one with a tan "broken wheel" surrounding white lettering. The shade of "tan" was also much browner than the norm. Against a set of Mk IIs the darker colour stood out. At first repainting they got the normal CIE standard of the day.

Looking at the model above, the cabside numerals are all white. I can't remember myself whether this was the case after delivery, though I suspect they were shaded in black. (Runs to look up old pics!). An EXCELLENT looking model, worthy runner up to the 141s.

Anyone remembering them will recall livery details that differed from the norm. They were delivered (as seen above) with CIE roundels on the ends which were of slightly bigger diameter, and all white, instead of the usual one with a tan "broken wheel" surrounding white lettering. The shade of "tan" was also much browner than the norm. Against a set of Mk IIs the darker colour stood out. At first repainting they got the normal CIE standard of the day.

Looking at the model above, the cabside numerals are all white. I can't remember myself whether this was the case after delivery, though I suspect they were shaded in black. (Runs to look up old pics!). An EXCELLENT looking model, worthy runner up to the 141s.

I agree 100% the 141-181's (although they did have some minor niggles) are still top of the table as far as prototype to model fidelity is concerned, as are the Cravens which makes them both the best rtr models on the market at the moment. The Heljan Hymek is still held in the same regards among British Railway modellers. From what I have seen photo wise the model of 112 is still the pick of the crop of new models regarding finish and detail. It will be nice adding the extra cabfront receptacles and cables as fitted by NIR. I hope they sell really well and I will be making several purchases myself.

Rich,

Thanks for that Rich,I always wondered that and

especially it made painting of the MIR 071 buffer beam

very difficult to do,well for me it was.

No problems Eamonn it was always something that I used to wonder myself. The buffer beam red on the MIR 071 locos was always a breaking point for most people, myself included.

Rich,

Irish models have certainly came a long way since the CIE liveried Hymek and Class 33,and of course the Slainte express....

We had the Lima 201s 11 years ago...what can we expect in the next 5-10 years?????

Thank you to Paddy Murphy for upgrading the Irish model scene.

I see Hattons have the new MM071 listed at £125 Not a bad price and cheaper than the current MM201's

Check the link out http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1000501/1000588/1000635/0/Murphy_Models_OO_Gauge_1_76th_Scale_Diesel_locomotives/prodlist.aspx

Really amazing-as Murphy Models have not yet confirmed their Trade Price let alone an RRP

I see Hattons have the new MM071 listed at £125 Not a bad price and cheaper than the current MM201's

Check the link out http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1000501/1000588/1000635/0/Murphy_Models_OO_Gauge_1_76th_Scale_Diesel_locomotives/prodlist.aspx

Postage seems to about GBP£5 per loco going on the rate for the 201's. Total of GBP£130, which according to anpost.ie rates is €170.40. Think I will stick with Irish shops. Not too bad if the euro price is above €175, but fully worth supporting Irish shops if the difference is only €4.60.

This is what it says on their website (note 4th line from the bottom)

*Click the photo above to see a larger picture.

Product Details

Manufacturer: Murphy Models

Scale: OO Gauge (1:76th Scale)

Product Code: MM0071

Product Title: Irish Class 071/111 diesel locomotive in IE black & orange livery

Stock Details

Hattons guaranteed pre-order price, orderable now

Is this item actually in stock? No

On order.

Normal UK postage for 1 of this item: (Postage Rates)

Postage seems to about GBP£5 per loco going on the rate for the 201's. Total of GBP£130, which according to anpost.ie rates is €170.40. Think I will stick with Irish shops. Not too bad if the euro price is above €175, but fully worth supporting Irish shops if the difference is only €4.60.

The exchange rate here today it would cost euro 164.44 including p&p