Dugort Harbour

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

On 19/4/2024 at 11:06 AM, StevieB said:

Do I spy a derailment in the left hand background?

Stephen

That cattle wagon - yes! Only seeing that now myself.... sure the track down there hasn't been properly relaid since long before oul Johnny Mac retired,,,,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Dugort Harbour branch has had a set of four GSWR six-wheelers allocated to it lately. The all-1st, a compo and a third are in pretty good condition given their age, but the old 1888 brake third badly needs a rrr et paint and tidy up.

It’ll meet with its end once these new laminates are all built, but they’re due in summer 1959, so we’ve almost eighteen months of this thing…..

Received from Eoin Murray today; as always, truly outstanding master build of SSM kits.

Note the realistic canvas roof patches on the brake, faded paint and general weathering with brake dust.

IMG_0745.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

• Like 3
  • WOW! 3

I was wondering who could possibly have commissioned such a scruffy coach when I read Eoin's thread 🤣

You need a CIE publicity poster for the new diesel trains to wind up the unfortunate passengers that board the train at Dugort Harbour.  The poster worked at treat at Keadue and our few remaining passengers now drive or take the bus.

Ireland by CIE poster - vintage Ireland railway poster - Jean Curran - 1955

• Like 4