Provincial Wagons' next wagon?

Rate this topic

leslie10646

IMG_0614.thumb.jpg.5e139e17d4b26294ef1bb958ad5ae778.jpg

Well, here is Michael's latest work of art, the CIE standard cattle wagon from the late 1940s, early 1950s. There were hundreds of these, built with slight variations. This is the "1950" design, but the "1949" design can be easily made from our kit, just add a few bits of Plasticard in the right places! The Fitted version which survived (although I wonder with how much work?) into the 1970s.

Now you can run Fairs specials hauled by your 00 Works J15, or with the Lads' A Class.

The second photo shows the planked roof -

IMG_0628.thumb.jpg.5a089501ad86b8a2160cb3c5a04dd95e.jpg

and in case the photo didn't  do Michael's work justice, I launched my drone and took a photo straight down on her!IMG_0629.thumb.jpg.ed1a0c1c3d7ed841528e76fe16520597.jpg

I should add that Michael quite literally got out of his hospital bed and got started on the Master for this wagon. I'm happy to say that he is fully on the mend and certainly hasn't lost his touch!

Order book opens in September, but feel free to send an e-mail to the link on my website.

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Put me down for twelve.

My dear Jon, I wouldn't dream of putting you down, sending you up, possibly?

Thanks for the interest, gents - all noted.

She runs as well as she looks - I've just bashed her round the loft behind  Bachmann Mogul, sandwiched between twelve strange globular orange things and a beautiful GSWR brake van. I'm sure she'll run just as well behind my A Class when it's delivered (Blackrock, Lads, saves you postage?)

• Like 1

Hi Fishplate7

Don't starve the children, Eamon (took me ten minutes ingenuity to work out who you were!), I won't starve if you just take ten!

Thanks for the encouraging confirmation of your interest (it's all in my little book!).

Hope to deliver them to you personally at Backrock.

Leslie

Hi Leslie

I'll be picking up a few at Blackrock also, I've been working out some weathering details in anticipation- here are a few shots of the cattle wagon left in a siding gone to hell!

1401377614_CattleW-01IMAG5174.jpg.c5d66db8afdef2295f2e78cff7f82357.jpg

130585425_CattleW-03IMAG5175.jpg.37956be8c90433210f891a93464c6d4e.jpg

2112981789_CattleW-02IMAG5179.jpg.98a8591d751ec36e71ab61c61c022614.jpg

Just about finished except for a straw bedding flowing out the sides mixed in with a bit of dodo!!

Eoin

• Like 6
  • WOW! 4

Great looking wagon Leslie, put me down for 6. Is there any chance that you could include the "vac brake" lettering on the transfer sheet for those of us who would like to modify the kit to model that version? Has anyone any ideas about where a suitable brake wheel can be sourced?

Edited by patrick

On 8/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, fishplate7 said:

Looks amazing Leslie! I'll take 12 minimum - built or in kit form! I think I'll have to give the turkey and ham a miss this Christmas so!!!!!!!!

Good decision - turkey’n’ham doesn’t look well on a layout....!

(I’m in the same boat!!)

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Funny 1

Patrick

The transfer sheet COULD include a lot of things - Snails, Wheels, ranges of numbers (different for fitted and unfitted), the letters you suggest - where do I stop? 

I'll see what is reasonable and cost effective.

The little wheel had Michael and I scratching our heads for a solution. Maybe Eoin has given us the answer!

with a tiny but of fiddling you should be able to produce three variants from one kit.

Greetings from Cologne.

Leslie 

looking at the humbers flying off the shelf, i would be a mug if I didn't ask for at least 10 ( may be 20 once I have purchased all the other bits I have out standing at the moment)

Just out of Interest how many would run in a medium size train?

Colin

7 minutes ago, Colin R said:

looking at the humbers flying off the shelf, i would be a mug if I didn't ask for at least 10 ( may be 20 once I have purchased all the other bits I have out standing at the moment)

Just out of Interest how many would run in a medium size train?

Colin

In a cattle special, 25, 30, maybe 40! But you'd get small numbers like one or two fitted ones on the back of a local passenger train, or occasionally in a goods train. Empties would routinely be added into a goods train to be dropped off somewhere that might have a cattle mart the following day.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

In a cattle special, 25, 30, maybe 40! But you'd get small numbers like one or two fitted ones on the back of a local passenger train, or occasionally in a goods train. Empties would routinely be added into a goods train to be dropped off somewhere that might have a cattle mart the following day.

Thanks for that John, the Credit card is going to be badly hit later this year anyway with the class A locos so add 30 of these wagons whats a few bod more.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds and six pence, result misery. (Mr Micawber Dickins)

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, leslie10646 said:

Hi Fishplate7

Don't starve the children, Eamon (took me ten minutes ingenuity to work out who you were!), I won't starve if you just take ten!

Thanks for the encouraging confirmation of your interest (it's all in my little book!).

Hope to deliver them to you personally at Backrock.

Leslie

Ah yes Leslie, there's no hiding place to be found. Yes, you got it in one - fishplate7 aka Eamonn G. Don't worry about the children, we wont starve this Christmas (and I'll still take 10+)

Greetings from the Tyrol. Did you guys get torrential rain in the last few days?

Met my transfer man while passing through Switzerland annd he reports that he'll do any lettering for the cattle wagon so long as it's WHITE!

so we'll do the fitted lettering for you, Patrick. Maybe a wee bag with brass wheels and white letters?

Great trains these Railjets - good WiFi. Even got a "new" Taurus (for haulage) on the front.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, NIR said:

The CIE palvan must be a good next candidate - triangular underframe, sliding doors, fairly distinctive - and I just realised I might need one in the future!

Just noticed this (sorry, it's the age thing!).

Now, there's a GOOD IDEA!  I was scratching my head on what to do next.

Two issues -

WHO would buy them and how many - remember these are KITS not The Lads RTR ones!

and, of course, have The Lads plans to do them in the next five years?

If you are interested in the "Pal" van - send me a PM and I'll start counting!

Thanks.

Leslie

Now, the price for the "next wagon" now known as the "new" wagon -

IMG_1408.jpg.267218ef806d6fcc427ccc6cd85e3957.jpg

The kit will include a SMALL one plank Snail - more of those to be seen in photos - but VERY fiddly! I'll stick in some bigger ones if you buy more than one! A range of legitimate numbers as well.

Talking of which -

Single kit    £29         €33

Five pack  £140        €160

Ten Pack  £275        €315

Don't ask me about a Six-pack - I never did get into keep fit!

Euro prices are as per the recent "mid-price of €1.15 to £. Might be a lot less by morning, if Boris gets his way. Personally, I'm cheering the man with the unpronouncable name!

I'd appreciate statements of interest for delivery of this, or any other kit at Blackrock - two thirds of my stock of this wagon is covered by existing "interest", so please let me know and your name's on the kit(s). No compulsion to buy, it just ensures there's still one (some) for you to buy!

Thanks for looking.

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 3