Connemara Railway project.

Rate this topic

Fantastic work. Black and Tan is an interesting livery choice – perhaps to match RPSI’s B141 and/or B142 at Maam Cross? Both of them are operational as far as I understand, so it’s very possible!

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, B141 said:

Fantastic work. Black and Tan is an interesting livery choice – perhaps to match RPSI’s B141 and/or B142 at Maam Cross? Both of them are operational as far as I understand, so it’s very possible!

I believe the RPSI actually need those, whereas these were surplus to requirements. 

they do have at least 1 locomotive, CSE Mallow number 1 or 2. 

19 minutes ago, Colin R said:

So what old locos are still at Inchicore being used as a sound barriers?

There might be one 141 left but tis fit for scrap (all crucial parts preserved) most of the 2700 class, a few broken darts and a few 201s. 

there is not to many diesel locomotives to go around at the moment!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

There might be one 141 left but tis fit for scrap (all crucial parts preserved) most of the 2700 class, a few broken darts and a few 201s. 

there is not to many diesel locomotives to go around at the moment!

Thanks, I did see from a fly over google of inchicore that it looks like there are a number of older bogies carriage in store does anyone have any more details on them please.

Thanks

Colin 

13 minutes ago, Colin R said:

Thanks, I did see from a fly over google of inchicore that it looks like there are a number of older bogies carriage in store does anyone have any more details on them please.

Thanks

Colin 

They are the old RPSI heritage set. Last moved in around 2016. 2 of them have been repainted and as seen earlier in this thread, one has been delivered 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, 228RiverOwenboy said:

I believe so! They were the last 141s in service, with 171 being the last 141 to have been ever used in mainline service (Nov 2011?), and 162 being used to shunt B113 at Inchicore when it was being moved to Cultra in late 2011 

Wonder if An Post would give me a good rate for all four.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, 228RiverOwenboy said:

I believe so! They were the last 141s in service, with 171 being the last 141 to have been ever used in mainline service (Nov 2011?), and 162 being used to shunt B113 at Inchicore when it was being moved to Cultra in late 2011 

Interesting. Every Irish loco numbered 171 managed about 50 years or more in service. J15 managed 85 years, S class 52 and 141 49! 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, Galteemore said:

Interesting. Every Irish loco numbered 171 managed about 50 years or more in service. J15 managed 85 years, S class 52 and 141 49! 

I believe she was just about to reach 49 years of service, she was withdrawn in November 2011 - surprisingly passing the 47 years and 2 days that 124 had served from Feb 1961 to March 2008!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

7 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I believe the RPSI actually need those, whereas these were surplus to requirements. 

they do have at least 1 locomotive, CSE Mallow number 1 or 2. 

Only time will tell!

Edited by B141

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Wonder if An Post would give me a good rate for all four.

Lets go halfs ill move into the nicest cab whilst we strip out the engine room and turn it into my casa L'tenerife, the spares will keep the others alive. 

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...